twenty

Min Yoongi POV

*THREE YEARS EARLIER*

"Hey Yoongi! Are you okay? You've seemed kind of down lately." a random girl asked me. I nodded and she walked away, happily talking to her many friends. I wanted people to care about me, but when they tried to, I always pushed them away. Although, I knew that if I opened up to someone, they would probably think I was a weirdo and make fun of me. I sat at my usual table, alone. I didn't really have any friends. I mean, people knew who I was, but I wasn't friends with any of them. I only had one friend, but he is gone. I just sat, and stared at the untouched food in front of me.

The accident had happened about 2 months ago. I went back to school after about 3 days. Nobody said a thing to me about it. Nobody asked where he was, nobody asked how I was doing, nobody asked anything. It was like they completely forgot about him already. I had gotten really quiet. I didn't talk to anyone, I would just nod or shake my head instead of saying yes or no, and when I did have to talk, my voice was wimpy and quiet. I decided I wasn't going to eat, so with the rest of this time, I left the cafeteria and headed to the music room.

The music room was like my second home. I never took music class, but I would always come in to play the baby grand piano in the middle of the room. I opened the sliding doors and walked in. I set my bag down in the corner of the large room and settled in on the piano's bench. I grazed my fingertips over the ivory keys. I smiled to myself. I pressed down on the first chord of my most recent song, "First Love". I was always into producing music, but I had never gone anywhere with that. I played through "First Love" and smiled at myself because I didn't mess up like I normally do. I froze when I heard someone clapping behind me. I slowly turned around to see a tall boy with dark brown hair smiling at me. When he smiled, his cheeks got chubbier, you could see his perfectly straight, and white teeth, his eyes got a bit smaller. I stared. I didn't smile back, I didn't tell him to leave, I just stared. "Yah, that was really good! I've never seen you here before. How come?" the boy asked. I stared back at the now empty keys. "I don't know. I've been going here since 2nd grade." I answered quietly. I could hear the boy's footsteps as he walked closer to me. He rested a hand on my shoulder. "I know I just met you, but I can tell that something is wrong. Please tell me what it is. I promise I won't tell anyone." He said. "Listen, I appreciate you trying to help me, but I don't think you should. Just because you don't know who I am doesn't mean I don't know who you are. I actually know a lot about you. One, your name is Kim Seokjin, but you go by Jin. Two, you are literally the most popular kid in school, and you give out people's secrets. Three, you secretly like Namjoon. I could go on if you would like me to." I said as I smirked. I expected him to be surprised and slightly scared, but I was confused when he smirked right back at me. "Do proceed then."He motioned for me to keep going. "Okay, well, you really like Super Mario, and you have lots of figurines. Your favorite color is pink, but you also like blue. You like being a mother figure to your close friends because it makes you feel important and like you have a meaning in life. Your favorite type of music to listen to is girl group kpop, and you really hate dancing. You are a good cook, and like to do it. You are a really good singer, but never have the chance to show it. I know I sound like a stalker. I promise that I'm not, I'm just really good at observing." I said with my head down, trying to focus on the yellowing piano keys. "Wow. You're good. Most of that is pretty easy to find out, but the Namjoon thing has me shook. Just please don't tell anyone." He told me. I nodded.

"So now that you know me, I can know about you. You can tell me anything because if I tell anyone, you can tell everyone my secrets. So spill kiddo." Jin said patting my shoulder. I nodded. "Well, you see, I have really only had one friend in my entire life. I met him in 2nd grade. We were basically inseparable. He cared for me, he protected me, but the one time I wasn't there to protect him, he left me. He is gone, Jin. Forever, and I just feel like I am broken inside. He was the final piece to my puzzle, but now that he is gone, my puzzle is messed up and can never be fixed, no matter how hard you try." I admitted. At that point the words were just kind of flowing out of me. I didn't know what I was saying, but I knew that it was how I felt. "He died a while ago, but nobody has asked me if I am okay. Nobody has asked me where he is. Nobody cared. Nobody cares now. I know they see the scars, I know they see the cuts. I sure as hell know that they see the blood stains on my sleeves. They just ignore it. They are afraid that if they care just the slightest bit, I might get too clingy, and their reputation would be ruined. That is why you shouldn't be here hyung. Your reputation will get ruined." I said. "Kid..." he tried to comfort me. "My name is Yoongi." I told him, realizing that I never told him my name. "Oh, Yoongi. I have heard of you. Your best friend is.... oh.... I'm really sorry. If I had known I would've asked you. Are you okay now? I mean, it did happen like 2 months ago." Jin said. "Are you fucking kidding me Seokjin? Do you honestly think that I'm fucking okay? MY BEST AND ONLY FUCKING FRIEND DIED. HE IS GONE, FOREVER. I WILL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN. I'M COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY ALONE. I'M NOT FUCKING OKAY. I'M DYING ON THE INSIDE AND THE OUTSIDE, BUT NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE. NOT EVEN MY FAMILY. IF THEY CARED, THEY WOULD TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL. BECAUSE YES, IT IS THAT BAD. I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT NORMAL WRISTS, OR THIGHS, OR HIPS, OR STOMACHS LOOK LIKE BECAUSE MINE HAVE SO MANY SCARS, CUTS, AND BURNS. YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP, AFRAID, BUT ALSO EXCITED BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW IF I WAS GOING TO WAKE UP. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP IN MY BATHROOM WITH THE DOOR LOCKED BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO THROW UP ALL OF THE PILLS I SWALLOWED. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SEOKJIN. YOU NEVER WILL." I yelled. When I was finished, I listened to the echos in the room. I was panting, but eventually caught my breath. Jin just stared at me in shock. "You're right Yoongi. I don't know how you feel, but I can understand a bit more if you just talked to me. I know that you talked to me just now, but whenever you feel sad, or like you want to die, call me. Rant to me. I will always listen. No matter what." he said as he handed me a piece of paper with his number on it. I thanked him as he walked out of the room.

*TIME SKIP*

I walked home from school that day thinking about what happened with Jin. I hope he knew that I was never going to call him. When I got home, I walked straight to my bathroom, not even saying hi to my family. They were never home, and even if they were, they wouldn't care if I was or not. I locked the bathroom door and sat on the floor. I turned on the shower, just in case I made a lot of noise. I opened the medicine cabinet that was hidden by my mirror and pulled out a small piece of metal. I held it against an unoccupied spot on my wrist. I slid it down, horizontally. I did this a few more times until I felt that I was running out of room, so I slid it down, vertically. This caused blood to start dripping down my arms at an alarming rate. I tried to wash all of the blood off, but it just made it worse. I swallowed a painkiller. I grabbed my phone. I forgot that I swallowed a painkiller, so I swallowed two more. Forgot again. Two more. Again and again, I "forgot". I unlocked my phone and dialed the number that was on the small sheet of pink paper that the older boy had given me earlier that day.

My phone rang a couple of times, but eventually went to voice mail. 'Of course. Why did I think that he actually wanted me to call him.' I sighed, but left a message anyways. Blood was being soaked up by my shirt making the sleeves bright red.I slumped down on the floor as I spoke. I was feeling really weak, but knew that I needed someone. "JIN? IS THIS YOU? I REALLY HOPE IT IS BECAUSE I REALLY NEED YOU RIGHT NOW. PLEASE COME OVER AND CALL AN AMBULANCE ON YOUR WAY. MY ADDRESS IS 4468 SOUTH CREST STREET. I DID SOMETHING, AND NOW I'M AF....AFRAID.....THAT....that i'm..." then everything went black.

I woke up to white. Bright white. Everything. I saw a few doctors, a few nurses. I saw tubes connected to me. Gauze covering the cuts. But most importantly, I saw a worried face from a boy I barely knew. 'Thank you Kim Seokjin.' I thought as I closed my eyes again and fell back onto my bed.

*PRESENT*

Me and Jimin walked out of the hospital, hand in hand. I was happier than the last time I walked out of there. I walked out this time, with someone I loved and someone who loved me back. I smiled as I walked to the nearest bus stop. We sat, and waited. I stared at the boy next to me. He stared back. I soon realized that it was getting dark. "Baby, we have been staring at each other for a long time. It is starting to get dark, I will just call Jin and tell him to pick us up." Jimin nodded and I dialed my first speed dial. "Hey! Can you come pick me and Chim up? We are waiting outside of the hospital in that bus stop shelter thing.... Okay.... See you soon." I hung up. I told Jimin that he was on his way, but he would be like 10, 15 minutes. As soon as I said that, there was a loud clap of thunder making Jimin jump and start shaking.

I pulled Jimin into my arms and hugged him. "It's okay baby boy. I'm here. Nothing can hurt you."I said as the rain started. It was really stormy, so the sky was pitch black. No stars, nothing. Every once in a while, there would be lightning to light up the sky, but it would soon flicker away like a dead light bulb. Jimin stayed in my arms. The thunder got louder, making him even more scared. Soon, it was right over us. He wrapped his arms round my waist and squeezed himself as far into my chest as possible. I felt him shake like a leaf. He was crying as well. I rested my chin on the top of his head and started swaying us. I knew he like dancing, I thought he would calm down if we danced. I hummed a little tune into his ear. His crying stopped. I kept going. I made the swaying more enthusiastic. He eventually looked up at me. His face was tear stained and puffy, but he looked so cute. "I trust you hyung. I trust that you will protect me." he said as he lead me out of the bus stop shelter. We stood in the rain. He put his hands on my waist as I put mine on his small shoulders. "Follow my lead." he said as he started singing a cute little song and moved his feet. 'I'm dancing with the love of my life.' I thought as we heard a car pull up in front of us.

~~~~~

Author's Note

HII! This was quite a long chapter. I had a lot I wanted to put in here. Also, I have some plans for the future. muahahaha. Good things tho. Hope you guys like the book! Thanks for reading!
Ps: I posted this chapter today because I won't be posting on Thursday. Sorry!