Evan Hansen {5}

I woke up early again. I still don't understand why though. Ever since Connor signed my cast i haven't really been able to get much sleep. I lay awake at starring at my cast. I stare at his name. I'd smile every time I see his name now.

I don't know why. I don't even think we're friends so I have no idea why I'm feeling this way about him. Nothing like this has ever happened to me in my life.

I was so lost in my though that I didn't even hear my alarm clock go off. I snapped out of my trance and looked at my clock. 7:47am. I was gonna be late. I just put on jeans, a t-shirt and a jacket, brushed my hair and teeth and left the house as quick as could. I knew my mom would be at work already. She probably left early this morning.

I rushed all the way to school. With 5 minutes to spare. I went to the building and went to my locker. And Jared was there again. I rolled my eyes and unlocked my locker.

"Hey there Evan. Where's your boyfriend?"

"For the last time Jared! Connor is not my boyfriend! Stop saying that!"

Yesterday, when I walked into my 2nd period class Jared was there, saving a seat for me next to him. I made that mistake by sitting next to him cause when he saw my cast and Connor's name was on it, he wouldn't stop saying that he was boyfriend. And I don't know if he ever will.

"Then why is his name on your cast?"

"He just asked to sign it. I did the polite thing and said yes. And I don't even know him all that well. We aren't even friends."

"So you'll just let anyone sign your cast if they asked? That's stupid."

"I-I don't know why I let him ok?! Just drop it Jared! Me and Connor aren't together!"

"Speaking of Connor."

Right then Connor walked down the hall. As he pasted me and Jared he smiled and waved at me. I did a little wave back and smiled as well. And Jared noticed this.

"Not your boyfriend huh?"

"Shut up Jared."

The bell rang and I went to my 1st period this time. Which is English.

I got to my class and Connor was there. I'm surprised he didn't skip class again. The whole class was full and all the seats were taken. Except the one next to Connor. I didn't have a choice, I went to sit next to him. And he didn't seem to mind.

The entire class we went over w few thing we were gonna do this year and a bunch of other stuff. When there was 10 mins left of class our teacher mentioned something about us doing a project. Which to me, is kinda dumb because it's the beginning of the year. But I didn't complain, everyone else did.

"This is a partner project. So whoever your sitting next to is your partner for the semester."

That's when I realized that Connor was gonna be my partner for half the year!!

"The project will involve you and your partner creating a poster about each of your interests. This is a partner building activity. It'll help you get to know your partner if you don't already."

Just then the bell rang. I quickly left the room and went to my 2nd period. But before I could, Connor stopped me.

"Well, since were gonna be partners for half the year,"

He gave me a piece of paper.

"Text me or whatever. I kinda do want to know more about you."

I nodded my head.

"And I feel terrible for asking this, but what's your name again?"

"E-Evan. Evan Hansen."

"Ok. See ya later Hansen."

He smiled at me and left. I smiled and went into my 2nd period class. I was smiling that I actually got Connor's number but I was way more nervous about what this could come too.