Evan Hansen {3}

I got to the computer lab and started writing a new letter to myself. Stuff about what already happen today.

Dear Evan Hansen,

So today wasn't such a great day like I hoped it would be. It's the first day of school and I already stand out from everyone. Everyone already thinks I'm a freak. I got told that by Connor Murphy. For someone like him, it must be true. But I can't let this get the best of me. It's only the morning and I still have the entire day to go left. I can do this. Don't let others bring me down. I'm gonna try to make this turn into this a great day. Hopefully.

Sincerely,

Your truest and dearest friend me.

I printed out the letter and sat at the computer. I thought about what my letter said.

I was lost in my though until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Connor! And had my letter I  his hand.

"Is this yours?"

"Uhhh.... ummm.... y-yeah."

"I read it. And I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about this morning."

I looked at him. He was serious.

"R-r-really?"

"Yeah. It wasn't your fault. It was Jared's I guess. I just have a short temper."

"Oh... w-well it's ok."

He gave me my letter back and I put it in my backpack.

"Hey? What happened to your arm?"

He stared at my cast.

"Oh.... well.. I was climbing this tree and I fell and landed on my arm."

"Can I sign it?"

I was surprised that he even asked that. No one has ever wanted to sign my cast. And now Connor Murphy wants to sign it. I ended up nodding my head yes.

"Ok. So do you have sharpie?"

I nodded and pulled one put of my pocket and gave it to him. He gently grabbed my arm and signed name in big letters on my cast.

C O N N O R

He gave me back my sharpie, grabbed his bag and left. Before he left the room though he grinned at me and left.

For some reason, all the blood rushed to my face. I could feel my face turn a bit red. I looked down at my cast and sat his name. I smile, grabbed my bag and left. At that time, the bell rang. I started heading towards my second period. Getting strange looks as I walked the halls.

I kinda don't care how they look at me right now.

I stared down at my cast again as I walked into my 2nd period class. And there he was.....