Chapter 38 (Lust: Voiceless Night)

Start from the beginning

Grun: "Excuse me?"

Adult Nep: "Hm?"

Yellow Heart: "Eh?"

Grun: "Might I ask, what happened to the girl on your back?"

Adult Nep: "Hm? Have we met somewhere? I don't remember making acquaintances with guys wearing masks."

Yellow Heart: "Hrm... Creepo..."

Grun: "urk..."

...I guess not everyone knows me huh... but wait, how can they not know one of the 4 great lords?

Grun: "Before I introduce myself, might I know your names first?"

Adult Nep: "hah! You talk properly, it's that term "ladies first" isn't it? Oh well, why not? My name's Neptune, and this little one- err... big girl... is Peashy, P-ko for short."

Yellow Heart: "Hello! I'm Pea!"

Grun: "Neptune and Peashy, My name is Grun, I rule over this land of Leanbox."

Adult Nep: "What!? No way! You're Grun!"

Yellow Heart: "Fue?"

Grun: "Y-yes I am, why do you ask?"

Adult Nep: "Well, for one you're a whole lot taller than when I first saw you and you didn't wear a full mask."

...What is this girl talking about? I don't think I've met her before...

Grun: "Anyway, would you mind telling me what happened to that girl?"

Adult Nep: "Oh, you mean Emerald?"

Grun: "Agh! You know that name?"

Adult Nep: "Uhh... Yeah... That's what you call her right?"

Grun: "You even know that much!? Who are you really?"

Adult Nep: "We kinda went over this already buddy."

Yellow Heart: "Neptuna, the smoke over there is getting thicker!"

Adult Nep: "You're right! I wonder what's going on over there!"

Grun: "Hmm? Oh that smoke? That's from the Industrial plants that the city is using for making materials."

Yellow Heart: "Fue?"

Adult Nep: "But why the sudden explosions? We could hear it from a mile away."

Grun: "We're currently making tests on a new type of weapon, the explosions are due to failed experiments..."

Adult Nep: "Why are you making weapons though?"

Grun: "Though I've made progress in uniting the humans and monsters, there are still others that do not abide to this cause."

...I try to explain my reasoning for the matter, I know it contradicts my motives, but I can't just let my guard down. It's an insurance if you may.

Adult Nep: "Hmm..."

Grun: "Anyway, would you like me to take you to the Basilicom? I can also carry Emerald for you."

Yellow Heart: "I don't know...Big Neptuna?"

Adult Nep: "It's okay P-ko, we can trust him."

...After that small exchange, the yellow haired girl passed Emerald to me.

Grun: "Thank you, the way to the Basilicom is here, please follow me."

...These two were no threat, I could sense the aura around them, they were filled with pure light and I could tell that they were looking out for Emerald... but... why?