15. The Kingstons.

POV Dayanara.

I got up next morning with a smile on my face. I put on black jeans with a white baseball shirt that had writing on it. I wore my Converse and made my way downstairs.

"Goodmorning." Gabe smiled and handed me a bowl of cereal. I took a seat next to Mateo as I heard footsteps on the stairs.

"Hey." Alexander walked in. The guys nodded and I grinned as he approached me. He leaned down infront of me, indicating he wanted something.

I kissed him on the cheek and returned to eating my cereal. He let out an unsatisfied growl and turned my head to face him. Alexander captured my mouth on his and held it there until he was satisfied. He pulled back but then changed his mind and gave me another small peck.

"What the hell just happened?" Gabriel exclaimed.

"We kissed?" I said but it came out more like a question. "Isn't that what mates do?"

"You know you're mates?" Theo asked and I nodded. "That's great!" He slapped Alexander on the back. Xander face didn't even scrunch eventhough it sounded painful.

"Congrats man!" Gabriel grinned. "So when's the ball?"

"What ball?" I asked as I put my bowl in the sink.

"There is a ball for Alphas to make alliances and introduce their mates." Alexander explained. "And it's this weekend."

"Are you telling me that I have four days to find a dress, shoes and decide what I'm gonna do with my hair?!" I exclaimed.

"No, I already bought your dress and shoes." He shook his head and I sighed in relief.

~Friday evening~

I was sitting in the library when I heard the front door burts open. "Alexander!" A feminine voice called.

"Mother?!" Alexander yelled shocked from his office. "What can I help you with?" He asked while walking down the stairs.

"Bring me my daughter!" The woman demanded.

"As far as I can see, Valentina and Lucy are right here." He said confused.

"Your mate!" She explained and my eyes widened. "Bring me my future daughter!" My heartbeat spiked as I prayed that Alexander would deny that request.

"Alright, let me get her." I heard his footsteps on the stairs and I ran to hide behind the staircase. I found a couple blankets and threw them over me. "I can smell you from a mile away." The door opened and I heard him walk in. "You can't hide from me." He pulled the blanket off me.

"Do I have to?" I whined as we walked down the stairs.

"It's just my family." He assured as he stood on the floor while I was on the last step, making me a bit taller than usual.

"I have family issues." I mentioned my uncle and Jonathan.

"They won't hurt you." He grabbed my hand and sparks flew through me.

"How many?"

"Just six." He answered and my eyes widened. "They won't hurt you."

"Alright." I let out a breath and followed my mate to the living room. Six people were standing there, waiting for us.

"You must be Dayanara." A woman stepped forward. "I'm Alexander's mom."

"Nice to meet you, mrs. Kingston." I held my hand out. She looked at it weirdy before pulling me into a hug.

"Don't be silly!" She chuckled. "Call me mom."

"Mom." Alexander said sternly. "You don't have to call her that. Allison would be fine, right mom?" His mother pouted as she pulled away.

"It's alright, I can go with mom if that's what she prefers." I smiled slightly.

"That's settled!" She clapped her hands. "This is my husband, Edward. Our oldest daughter, Valentina and her mate Alpha Nolan. And our youngest boy, Diego. The little one is Lucy."

"Great to finally meet you." Valentina grinned as she hugged me.

"I can tell you're not much of a hugger." Diego noticed and offered me a hand instead. I smiled gratefully because Nolan and Edward followed his lead.

Edward had black hair and electric blue eyes. Allison on the other hand, had brown hair and grey eyes. Alexander looked like the younger version of his dad but with his mother's dimples and nose.

Lucy had the same eyes as Alexander while Diego shared his hair color. Valentina looked exactly like her mother and nothing like Alexander.

"Let's get to know each other in the backyard." Allison suggested. Everyone nodded and went outside.

"Are you okay?" Alexander held me back.

"Yeah."

"About my mother," He rubbed the back of his neck, which looked adorable.

"Maybe it'll be good for me to call her mom." I shrugged. "It's been a while since I've had a mother figure in my life."

"She'll be your mother in law after all." He winked and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"So, Dayanara." Allison turned to me once my mate and I took a seat. "I noticed that Alexander hasn't marked you yet."

"Mom!" Alexander growled. "You're overstepping boundaries."

"I am your mother! I have no boundaries!" She stood up.

"I am your Alpha!" He said loudly, authority seeping through his voice. I wanted to interfere but I knew better than that. A Luna was supposed to stand with her mate.

"So what?!" She dared. Edward stood up and held Allison down. "You met her ten years ago!" She snapped and then gasped at her own outburst.

"What do you mean?" Alexander stopped shaking.

"Ten years ago, we went to visit our old friends. The Alpha and Luna from the Blood Moon pack." She sent me a look as she sat down. "You were eight, Tina was eleven and Diego was five. I was pregnant with Lucy and I wanted to tell my best friend in person."

"You're the Allison." I remembered. "The one that kicked my father in his jewels because he forgot their anniversary. The one that taught me how to ice skate."

"That's right." She smiled. "Do you remember what else happened?"

"I remember the small party my mom threw with all your old friends. And how my best friend ripped someone's tux. The person started yelling and he made my friend cry."

"Some girl punched me in the face." Alexander finished. "You punched me in the face!" Realization hit him. "And your friend ruined my clothes."

"You started yelling at me that I had poisoned you!" I laughed. "Because you kept getting the feeling that you were getting small electric shocks."

"I told you, you've met before." Allison smirked.

~Later that evening~

I smiled as we watched Alexander's family leave. "Can we go for a run?" I asked and Alex looked at me shocked.

"You can shift?" He questioned. I shrugged. We went back to the backyard and I tried shifting. Slowly I felt my bones breaking and readjusting.

"Tesoro, you're gorgeous." Alexander said amazed at my black wolf. "I like it." He pointed to a white crescent moon between my eyes.

He shifted as well and his wolf nuzzled mine. Leah purred in delight and I let her take full control. "Ready?" Alexander mind linked me and I looked at him confused. "We have a mate link."

I nodded before Leah took off running. The entire night she played and cuddled with Angelo, I could feel her getting stronger.