5. Sleeping over.

POV Dayanara.

I watched his movements as he approached me. Alexander sat down on the opposite side of the couch and turned to me.

"So?" He said and I looked at him. "Are you a werewolf or not?"

"Kinda." I replied.

"Let's start with your pack. What pack are you from?" He asked.

"Blood Moon pack." I answered while holding a soft pillow on my lap.

"But that can't be." He said confused. "Their Alpha and Luna were murdered and left their pack unguarded and vulnerable. Only the Alpha's daughter survived..." His voice trailed off.

"That's me." I nodded. "There are other survivors but they live on their own."

"But if you're an Alpha, why can't you shift?" He questioned.

"Probably because my wolf is traumatized." I made up a lie. He didn't have to know about my home situation. I mentally groaned when I accidentally dropped the pillow.

Alexander eyed me carefully, looking for a sign that I'm lying. I bent over and picked up the pillow but my towel fell down. I felt his eyes on me as I picked up the towel as well.

I looked at him as noticed him staring. "It's hideous, I know." I nodded. "That's why I always have it in a braid at school."

~~~

POV Alexander.

I shook my head vigorously and inched closer. I lifted my hand and she flinched while closing her eyes, causing me to frown.

"I'd never hurt you." I growled lowly before moving a tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "And your hair is beautiful, you should wear it down more often."

"Yeah, I did that in freshman year a lot and look where it got me." She chuckled sarcastically. She mentioned to the first interaction we had, when she got pushed down the stairs.

"They bullied you because of you hair?!" I exclaimed shocked.

"They thought it didn't fit my glasses and my good grades."

"Why do you wear glasses? You have heightened senses." I asked confused.

"I feel vulnerable without them, they cover me up just a bit better." She shrugged.

"You don't have to cover up. You're perfect." I told her with a gentle voice.

"It's getting late, I should probably head home." She stood up.

"No, stay!" I got to my feet a little too quick.

"It's okay, I don't want to be a nuisance." She smiled.

"I insist." I stated. "It's storming and I can't let you leave with that weather."

"Alright." She gave in.

"You can sleep in here." I guided her to the room on the opposite side of the hallway. "I'll be on the other side of the hall if you need me."

"Thank you, Alpha." She bowed her head.

I placed my finger underneath her chin and lifted her head. "You don't have to call me by my title. You're an Alpha as well." I gazed into her eyes.

"Okay." She agreed as her cheeks tinted pink.

"I'll get you a pajama." I walked into my room and grabbed a plain black shirt. Then I went into my sister's old room and grabbed one of her shorts.

"Thanks, again." She whispered when I handed her the clothes. She went into the bathroom while I waited. "Close your eyes."

"What? Why?" I asked but did it anyway.

"The shorts don't fit, they're too small. So I'm not wearing them." Her voice got louder. "And the shirt reaches till mid thigh."

"So?" I asked as I heard her footsteps go past me.

"My legs are exposed." She stated like it was obvious. "I don't want you to see them." I heard the covers move back.

"Okay." I shrugged it off while opening my eyes. My eyes searched for Dayanara and found her curled up underneath the duvet. "I'll get going now."

"Goodnight Alpha." She said and I gave her a look. "Sleep tight, Alexander."

"Sweet dreams, tesoro." I smiled before going to my own room.

~~~

I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling uneasy. Like something was off. So I decided to check up on Dayanara. I frowned when I noticed that her door was open and the light was on.

Not caring that I was only wearing sweats, I stepped in and saw Gabriel by her bed, making me growl loudly. His head snapped towards me and his eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, I was grabbing a midnight snack and heard crying. So I went to check it out but I can't wake her up." He explained.

"Get out!" I growled, Angelo didn't like another shirtless male near our mate. Gabe nodded and rushed back to his own room.

I stood by the bed and saw that Dayanara was trashing around with tears streaming down her face. "Dayanara, wake up." I leaned on the bed as I tried to wake her up.

"Tesoro." I touched her shoulder but she swung her arm, hitting me in the face. I groaned in pain before getting on the bed. I grabbed her wrists and pinned her down while straddling her. I kept her still because I was afraid she might hurt herself.

She stopped moving but tears were still rolling down her cheeks. I let out a sigh while getting off her. I leaned against the headboard, relieved that she had calmed down. Just then I noticed that the duvet got off her and the shirt she wore had ridden up dangerously high.

I tore my eyes away from her legs and pulled the duvet back up. I also covered myself with it.

Only a few seconds after that, she started moving around again. I sighed and pulled her against me. My arm wrapped around her waist and her head leaned on my bare shoulder.

I felt her tense but slowly, she melted into my touch. I relaxed while my wolf purred in delight because our mate was curled up next to us.

I thought about why she could be trashing around but nothing came to mind. Probably just a nightmare. I got up again to go to my own bed but as soon as I was standing, she started moving around again.

A small smile made its way on my face and I got back in the bed. I laid on my side, admiring my sleeping beauty, when she stirred and moved around again.

I was about to wake her up but then she turned to face me. I watched quietly as she inched closer to me. One of my hands snaked around her waist and brought her closer to me.

I sighed in delight when she nuzzled her nose in my neck before leaning her head on it. I felt my eyes get heavier and I slowly drifted off to sleep.