The Meeting

Its been a day or two since the news of my betrothal and I was going to meet the man I was arranged to marry. Secretly hoping it would at least be someone honorable or kind. I was on my balcony watching ships come and go from Balmerans to our Native species. But there was a type of ship I did not recognize... I'd began to worry, Aunt Amber did say I'd never seen one of his kind before...

All of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted as I was being called to meet my possible groom to be. I'd made it a habit to grab a book before leaving my room so my hands didn't feel so empty. And I left the room, head tilted downwards a bit, tiara atop my head and a book clutched close to me. My red and golden dress following behind me as I make my way to the throne room and sit in my throne, My Aunt sitting in her temporary place on my mother's throne and we wait for him.

At least an hour had passed, but I could not tell. I was absorbed in my thoughts and worries when I heard my name called. Regrettably pulling me from my thoughts and such immediately.

"Sirena, please, pay attention." My Aunt says to me as I look up seeing a man with a helmet on standing in front of us. I wondered what he looked like under his helmet, but unless it's requested he may not remove it. "Sir, could you please remove your helmet and introduce yourself?" She asks kindly.

"Of course, Your Grace." Came a slick British accent from the man as he removed his helmet. Revealing his lavender skinned face, ocean blue eyes that seemed to be surrounded by the sun, and starry white hair. "I am Prince Lotor, of the Galran Empire." He says with a polite bow.

"I am Duchess Amber of Pandora. The Princesses Aunt." She says politely nodding her head. And looks to me with an encouraging smile. "Go on dear, introduce yourself."

"I am Princess Sirena Eliza Katarashina of Pandora... I-it's a pleasure to meet you." I say shyly my cheeks dusted light pink. He was indeed unlike anyone I'd ever met before. An air of confidence and intelligence surrounding him.

"Pleased to meet-...... you...too..." He says as he looks over to me and examines me, his eyes showing something unreadable. Surprise? Admiration? Disbelief? Maybe even Love?... No, that would be silly. Nobody could possibly fall in love within the first few moments... right?

Our eyes locked onto one another automatically, his pools of ocean blue meeting my sunlight gold. There was a short staring contest before I show a small smile and he looks away, breaking eye contact.

This first meeting seemed to be going very well.