18//Ear Shots//

Rufus of course ended up letting us in and they went straight to a table and poured a couple of glasses. They slid one my way and Dean pointed at the third chair but I just clinked glasses with them and started looking around his crowded living room. Looks like the guy didn't leave often, had furniture in weird places and shelves so crowded they looked as if they were going to break.

"You know, I don't even bother drinking unless it's this stuff" I hear Rufus say as he takes a sip. They say some other stuff but I'm now looking at my phone not paying them any mind. Why haven't I heard anything from Rosa?

*Hey Sam, have you heard from Rosa yet* I decide to text Sam because I am beginning to worry which is a first for me.

He replies almost right away.

*Not yet, should we be worried? * He asks but I send him back that we shouldn't worry just yet she needs time to get back. I try calling her and nothing, hopefully, she's driving or something she is such a goody-two-shoes that way.

"She wanted to buy a couple of things, which is going to take me some time to round up." I come back to the conversation when they start talking about Bela.

"Where is she now?" Dean asks looking hopeful.

"Can I ask you something?"

Dean looks slightly confused but says sure.

"You have three weeks left. Why are you wasting your time chasing after that skinny stuck-up English girl?" He asks taking a sip of his drink. At that comment, I frown and chase back my own drink wincing at the burn.

Dean scoffs and looks at his drink.

"What do you know about that?"

Rufus leans forward and says, "Because I know things." I roll my eyes and go in sit in the chair that Dean had previously pointed at.

"I know a lot of things, about a lot of people."

"Is that so?" I say from my spot crossing my arms and frowning.

"I know, that no pea shooter ain't gonna save you." He says shoot me a dirty look.

Dean takes another sip of his drink.

"What makes you so sure?"

"cause that's the job kid. Even if you manage to scrape out of this one there's just going to be something else down the road. For folks like us, there ain't no happy ending. We all got it coming."

"Well ain't you a bucket of sunshine."

"Yah seriously, I thought I was miss negative, Damn," I say laughing and standing up again.

"I'm what you've got to look forward to if you survive. Which you won't" He says with an odd smile taking a sip of his almost gone whiskey.

***

At some point during my eavesdropping, I ended up falling asleep. Guess I got banged up badly, hopefully, I wake up. I know I'm asleep because I see my angel again, but we're still in the same place with me chained to the chair, but he's just staring at me from across the room. Once again, he isn't saying a word.

"Hello?" I ask hoping he might help me in my current situation.

He steps forward like that was an invitation to approach.

"Concentrate." He says in a deep raspy voice. I just give him a weird look because what the hell am I supposed to concentrate on.

"Think of a location you want to be in. Concentrate." Is all he says before I feel a burning on my face and I'm pulled from my dream.