"I'm sorry." Yes, you were crying, and he accepted that. Your voice was muffled and slow, and he felt it drape over him, soft and harsh. "I should have listened to you."

He silenced you with a kiss, his hands finding your waist and pulling you into him.

It felt as if the both of you had been freed from a cage, finally able to touch each other and not just through bars. You could finally touch each other—the way you wanted to.

"You can't listen to everyone," he said against your skin, and you felt his voice like a tremor. "If you love someone, you can't listen to anyone else."

Were you gone, were you fallen? Were you in love?

"Jimin—" You tried to speak, sure that if you fell asleep and woke again, you wouldn't be able to remember, you wouldn't be able to tell him your true feelings. If you cried, you were truer to your emotions, and if you woke, you wouldn't be the same person.

He kissed you, his arms protective and nurturing and loving.

And you let yourself be pulled in.

His lips danced with yours, sending bolts of energy down your spine. A whimper escaped you as his hands slipped under your bra, but then his warm lips were against your forehead. "It's okay, baby," he whispered gently as he stroked you. "It'll be alright."

Your hands roamed his torso, while his moved down your back, the frictionless slide of dampened skin. One by one, each piece of clothing flew from your bodies until there was nothing between your heartbeats but skin.

Jimin's hands worked skilfully on your body, making your back arch in pleasure, your lips letting out breathy moans and pleading whispers of his name. Never once did you let go of him, bodies fused and melted together, communicating only through the silent language of touches and kisses and gasps.

"Are you sure?" His voice was a husky whisper next to your ear, his other hand caressing calming patterns into your bare side, chest heaving against yours, breathing heavy and untimed.

Instead of replying, you tilted your head to capture his plump lips into another kiss, one that spoke of need and pleasure, of passion and rapture. And he cupped your face, capturing you in a hard and soft kiss at the same time.

And then he was inside you.

You gasped at the sensation, fused pain and pleasure climbing up your lower abdomen as he moved inside you, his face buried into the crook of your neck, saying your name over and over like a prayer. Your body writhed and twisted with his, sinful sounds flying through your lips as you reached your high.

And when the moment came, he shuddered apart inside you, still in the same position, and the heat seemed to uncoil in your stomach as you whimpered out.

Too tired to move further, you sank into the pillows beside him, sighing languorously as his arms wound around you, his chin resting at the base of your throat, your back against his chest, and finally, he spoke.

"You're not perfect," Jimin whispered lowly, still kissing your throat, just over your pulse. "You're naïve, and a bitch sometimes, and highly oblivious. And you know that, too."

The side of his face brushed against the bridge of your nose. "I've been around you for way too long," you mumbled.

When he chuckled, you felt it in your bones, lulling you to sleep. Talk in the morning, you wanted to say, but your body was shutting down. The morning, when everything is okay and we're both making sense and when the world is nicer.

"I know you keep beating yourself up, thinking that you're making everything about yourself, that you think you're selfish." His lips glided along your jaw. "And I can't blame you for that, because if you wake up right now, I'd do it too. We're not so different, you and I."

He chuckled breathily. "And the fact that you still trusted Taehyung enough to give him a second chance says so much. You're growing, you're blossoming into a beautiful person who trusts, which is so hard to find these days. You accept people for whom they are, but just don't see sometimes. You trust too much. That's not a bad thing."

But you didn't exist. At that moment, you knew you were going, going, gone—his words melted over you like hot butter, and your mind was in calm chaos. You could hear him, but he made no sense; your mind was screaming its throat raw so you could sleep in ignorance.

Breathe. "I'll say something really poetic and infinite right now," he said. "And maybe I'll forget. Maybe I'll make a promise, and regret it, but I think I'll always come back to you. The thing is—even if I make a major mistake, you look at me like I hang the moon," he whispered. Against his chest, you stirred in your sleep "That's all it takes, really. If you look at me, I'll be better. Not because I am, but because I want to be. You're not me, but you are human, and you do fuck up on a more regular basis.

"But you're learning." He smiled a little at your form, finally in his arms. "You're learning every day, and even though you're flawed to yourself, you're flawed to the world, you're still you, and that's what counts." Jimin kissed your jaw slowly, carefully. "And you're still glorious in your beauty, even if it's buried inside," he said, looking at you, watching you glow in the moonlight like moonlace petals.

"And that's why I love you." He smiled to himself when he said it, feeling a flower of happiness open up in his chest as he said it. "You're flawed, and you're perfect, to me, and I love you, and that's what counts."

Jimin sighed as he pulled up the sheets over your naked form, the smile never falling off his reddened lips. "I love you so fucking much."

You felt him.

But you never heard him.

|

yEs ThEy uSeD pRoTeCtIoN

Lol I wrote this when I had a 103 fever so maybe that added to the heat, but anyway, this is the result.

(also, happy birthday to jimin and happy birthday to htbah. it turns 2 this year, i'm so proud :' lord i'm embarrassing)