I paused for one moment.

The expression Reborn made-- none. Was he surprised, shocked, worried? It was a flawless poker face, so flawless, too flawless, because it was visibly a poker face.

"Takeshi dying message..." I spoke up again, "The important portions were erased, but the parts that could be read, Deritoto, Delitto, Sin. Which leads to the inheritance Tsuna will receive today, the glass vile of blood."

Reborn perked up in alarm, finally showing expression, "You know about that as well?"

I simply nodded. "Suzuki Adelheid suspects the culprit to be the same that has attacked the Giegue family a few days prior. As such, it is clear the target of the mastermind is Tsuna, and his inheritance ceremony. It is evident the ceremony will be hijacked, and as such, Tsuna, who has had doubts, will proceed with the ceremony as to lure out the enemies and take action."

Taking a breath--wow, I said it all in one breath-- but no I can't let up yet. 

My fists were clenched at my lap, and without knowing my face had contorted in worry. My chest had been burning with anxiety-- 

"That's all I know," I told Reborn, "So please, just let me-"

My voice died out, but I swallowed and kept going.

"--Let me go... please." it sounded like a plead. "If I stay in this building I'll end up-" I choked, "...wanting to cry again."

-

"You're coming?!" Tsuna freaked out, "Wait what, no! Reborn, what are you thinking??"

Pulling my tie up, I looked myself in the mirror again and sighed.

"Don't blame me," Reborn fake pouted, "Rei's the one that came to me bawling and in tears, begging me to let him go." 

Snapping to him in alarm, I felt myself blush in embarrassment at how he phrased the occurrence. "Reborn-kun!" I whined.

"Even so," Ryohei stepped in, putting in his own opinion. Facing me with stern eyes, he felt like an older brother reprimanding me. "It's really not safe. I'm extremely against it." 

"I'll just stick to Dino-san, then." I pouted, "Or Reborn-kun. They'll protect me properly."

"You'll just be in the way," Gokudera found the opportunity to interrupt as well, "Why would you want to go, even?" 

"I wanna see Squalo and the rest!" I beamed cheerfully, "We kinda have a debt to settle and a relationship to fix. I really don't wanna die the next time a conflict happens."

"We are NOT going on a vacation trip!" he snapped back.

"Chill Dera, I'm not going to die." I joked back, "Well," turning solemn, "not yet, at least."

My change in tone dulled the entire atmosphere. No one's asking anymore so I'll declare this a Victory for me-

"Regardless," Reborn interrupted the awkward silence easily, "re, did you get permission from you Doctors?"

I froze.

Oh fuck.

-

"He smacked me in the head once, but finally agreed to it when I said Ryohei and Hibari are in charge of me." I told Reborn.

"Dammit." Reborn clicked his tongue irritably.

-

So, why exactly did I want to go in the first place?

Impulse.

-

-

At the venue, everyone wore suits. And suddenly this irritable suit didn't seem so out of place anymore. Thank god.

Separating myself from Tsuna and gang while other families kept them occupied, I approached the group of Shimon members, huddled together with one glass of something each. 

They were quiet, but stern and seemed dangerous to approach.

Reminding myself that I, too, was a mafioso now-- and hell  think the Varia are scarier than them-- I put on a smile and went right up to them.

"Hi, are you Mizuno Kaoru-san?" I spoke up politely, "I'm Ninomiya Rei. Thanks for keeping Takeshi company all this while."

They simultaneously flinched, having not noticed me there before.

Kaoru stared at me, speechless-- shocked, fearful, perhaps? and took one hesitant step back. Adelheid was giving me an angered stare, but Katou Julie seemed cheerfully interested. Enma pretended not to notice me at all.

"This is a late introduction," I stood up straight and pretended to be professional, "But I'm a member of the Vongola as well, although not much of a fighter."

Raising a hand, offering a handshake as a sign of friendship to Enma-- Deciding to take it so I'd just go away, Enma shook my hand lightly one time, then urged to break contact.

I tightened my hand around his, holding it in place.

"Heh," I dropped my smile, "So the Shimon Ring doesn't react to my Void Ring, huh."

Enma tore away instantly, and all of Shimon shot up in alarm.

"It's okay," I assured them, bringing up my smile again, "I usually know a lot, but I'm generally not allowed to do anything about it." I admitted, "Right now, I typically only a self-proclaimed Vongola member. I'm not obliged to anything just yet. For now, I'm neutral party. So it's alright, I won't do anything to interfere with your Family business."

In this situation, no matter how I act, the Shimon will not take action to eliminate me.

I am an honoured guest of the Vongola, and any harm to me will be judged against harshly by Reborn, Ryohei and Kyouya. Most importantly, Tsuna, and Nono.

For the Shimon, who are trying to lay low until their reveal-- this sort of attention is the least they desire at the moment.

Surely, my most desired situation to be in!

"You guys hurt my best friend," I whispered low enough to be heard only by them, "So don't expect you'll get off lightly at all, alright?"

Holding my hands behind my back, I chuckled dryly. 

"...How?" Adel spoke softly, composing herself.

How?

I found it in myself to grin, "It's a Magician's secret."