94. Melancholy

94. Melancholy

"Eh?"

It was a delightful day, where one Ninomiya Rei was out in a family restaurant, for tea, supervised by the one and only Kuma-sensei. 

Well, Kuma-sensei picked out the place because it's near the hospital, but uhm--

"Why isn't everyone from Shimon and Vongola here??" someone raised his voice angrily, his voice reverberating through the whole restaurant, causing a big ruckus and having heads turn to their group in displeasure.

What is this miraculous, godly coincidence?

Sitting on a table on the other end of the restaurant, I wouldn't have noticed them if not for dear Dera boy's incredible vocal capacity.

Standing up with my strawberry parfait, I excused myself.

"Don't get hurt," Kuma warned absent-mindedly.

-

"Who ever said we were under you??" Aoba Koyo yelled in disagreement, "At least call us equals!" he demanded. "You really are a bunch of idiots!

"What did you say??" Ryohei yelled back, ready to initiate another one of their moron quarrels.

Taking the chance with his loud yelling, I stuck a spoonful of vanilla cream and strawberry into his mouth.

Taken by surprise, Ryohei let out a shocked screech of indecipherable something, and nearly choked.

Be glad I gave you a strawberry.

"Rei!" Takeshi and Tsuna responded in unison.

Ah, did Tsuna just call me without an honorific? Yay.

"Yo," I greeted, taking the spoon Ryohei shakily handed back to me, "I was with Kuma on the other end. What's all the shouting about?"

"Ninomiya, don't do that!" Ryohei scolded me, "Also that thing is extremely sweet! Cut down on your sugar levels already!"

"Shut up, protein carbohydrate meat head. None of that ever went into your brain."

Instantly struck down, Ryohei sat down, defeated and dead.

"Anyways," I turned to the Shimon gang, putting another scoop of ice cream into my mouth, "Are you the new transfer students? Cool! I'm Rei, nice to meet you."

All of them looked visibly taken aback, and perhaps a little hesitant in responding. 

The silence was incredibly awkward as not even Suzuki Adelheid knew if she was to respond-- was she supposed to acknowledge me, or ignore me as her personality suggests?

Should I tell them I'm a Vongola?

"Hi, Enma-kun!" I turned to him, "Your injuries okay?"