55. Bewildering

55. Bewildering

The next day, I was released from the hospital as promised.

It was the last thing they wanted after my sudden sleep spell yesterday, but I insisted that it was nothing of concern. I also promised Kuma I would stay in Lambo's hospital room throughout the night, so if anything occurred they could reach me today.

"Take it thrice a day, you get me?" Amano says, tossing me a small bottle of pills, "You better be back in EXACTLY a month to get your next dose. No skipping out, no taking twice the amount a day because you forgot, alright?"

"Yes, yes," I mumble, reading the indecipherable science jargon on the label and resisting the urge to chuck it into the trash can already. 

"Don't you dare throw it away, Rei," Kuma called after me as I left.

Groaning and rolling my eyes, I nodded obediently. "What on earth are these?" I tried to ask, but the two doctors gave each other a look and refused to answer me.

"You won't understand about half of it anyways. Magical medicine thing is all I can say." Kuma summed it up.

"What, is this poison?" I joked, "Ya trying ta' kill me ahead of my time or something?" 

"Your words, not mine." Amano simply replied. 

---

Cervello

The Cervello. They were merely judges in this whole ordeal of inheritance, but even the Cervello themselves may never know if they had the want to take the role at all. As their family was trained to do-- to obey orders and to comply as they're told-- refusing the responsibility was absolutely preposterous.

And so, this particular Cervello was tasked to fetch the Lightning Guardian, of Sawada Tsuayoshi's team, from the Hospital he was currently recuperating in.

She herself did not believe this was a just move. She knew it was absurd-- to take such a young, frail child out of a hospital for the sake of such a selfish trial. She knew it was inevitably cruel, but for the sake of the Sky Ring Battle, she will-- must-- steel her heart.

Getting there was easy enough, despite the time of night. She was trained mainly in such undercover, stealthy works, and thus she was easily able to perch herself on standby at a tree right next to the Bovino's Hospital room window.

She observes the interior of the room quietly and patiently. Without being spotted, she managed to identify three figures aside from the target. Two young girls-- and one young boy. All around the age of Sawada Tsunayoshi. 

Cervello instincts were to sneak a way in, knock them out in one swift motion, and bring out the child before they awoke. It was the most effective way.

But before she could move, she found her eyes meeting the boy's.

The boy-- brown-haired, blank-eyed-- and she recognized him as the male who had a minor scuffle with Sir Belphegor on the night of the Sun Battle; and who was also a witness during the night of the Rain Battle.