72. Name

Alsoo, Uhm, sorry, gore warning

Alsoo, Uhm, sorry, gore warning. You're warned.

72. Name

"Geez, the both of you were acting like best buddies yesterday. What happened?" Giannini whined, worriedly looking over me. 

I was curled up in a ball, hiding under his work desk, hiding my face and not giving a single nudge of response to him. I wasn't even thinking about anything-- I was just there, staring at my knees, enjoying solidarity.

"What's going on here?" Reborn's voice chimed in from the top of the desk.

"Well, uh, Reborn-san..." Giannini spoke up hesitantly, "Rei-san has been down there for nearly three hours now..."

"What, he's still down there?" Russo interrupted, making his presence known in the room. He stepped closer to the desk, and crouched down before me. A towel hanging around his neck, and water sliding down his chin from his soaked hair--

"What's wrong, little one?" Russo spoke in a soothing tone this time.

I jumped. Something about that tone hit me inside. It was a soft, sweet tone-- and to me, it sounded painfully familiar. It was a gentle, older sibling tone I often used with my sisters, but hearing it used for me was... unprecedented.

Then to destroy the mood, he chuckled. "Was all the zombie nonsense creeping you out?"

"Shut up, zombie." I grumbled, "Go decompose."

"Did your personality change?" Russo laughed out loud. "Don't worry, I'm already rotten to the core!" he assured, "C'mon, Giannini-san has to do his work, y'know?"

"Only if you be like the corpse you are and cease function immediately." I responded promptly.

Russo snapped back in a stern, angered tone: "Shut it, you're just lucky you got the restart button instead of a shitty revival potion."

"You got no drawbacks!" 

"I'm a frucken zombie, you call that not a drawback??"

"You don't feel pain!"

"My wounds don't heal!"

Unable to comprehend our utter nonsense, Reborn sighed, dismissing it as some weird thing he really has no time to be worrying about now. Regardless, we were noisy so Reborn gave us each a smack and sent us back to our room.

"Don't come out until Choice begins!" was his order.

-

After drying his hair, Russo tossed the towel aside and pulled the desk drawer open.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry." He sounded only slightly apologetic, digging around the drawer for something. Picking up a roll of bandages, he grinned at me, "wanna see something gory?"