Still Hurting

Lauren was gone.
She left Camila.

A flurry of all the memories came back to her memory... the moving in, the flowers, the little kisses Lauren left on Camila thinking she was asleep...

Was this what it feels like to die?

Having your best memories rush back to you when you are at wits end.

Camila couldn't stand it.

She had to get away from this living hell.

But all she could do was stare at the paper that Lauren left, the paper that smelled of vanilla and coconut, one that smelled of Lauren.

Her Lauren... or so she thought.

She stared blankly at the note, re reading the last lines of the cursive writing.

"I hope you find someone better than me, who treats you better than I did... Who can love you unconditionally... Someone that can love you as much as I did... 5 years ago."

Her brown eyes filled with tears of sorrow and loneliness.

She loved Lauren.

Even when Lauren told her she doesn't feel the same anymore, Camila loved her and it didn't matter if it was killing her slowly, she just wanted to see Lauren happy.

She broke down in choked sobs, crying her heart out.

Lauren was gone.

She left the ring beside the note.

The ring that she wore for 5 years.

The ring that meant she was married.

Married to Camila.

She broke their vows. She didn't stay by Camila as long as they lived.

Camila hates Lauren for leaving her.

But she also loved her... because no matter what, Lauren would always be the girl who would catch her after every fall. Lauren was her everything. Lauren was her first everything.

From her first kiss.

First love.

First date.

" I fucking hate you Lauren." She whispered softly in the darkened room, from the sun going down.

"Lauren is over and Lauren is gone." It was heartwrenching for Camila to even sing now because Lauren was the one to tell her to chase for her dreams.

"Lauren's decided it's time to move on."

"Lauren has new dreams she's building upon."
For months Lauren would snap at Camila for even questioning her time left for spending with Camila, she was always busy thinking of new ideas for a new novel.

"And I'm still hurting."

"Lauren arrived at the end of the line,
Lauren's convinced that the problems are mine,
Lauren is probably feeling just fine."
Lauren started to be more short-tempered lately, shouting at Camila for things she didn't do, just to vent her frustrations on the brunette.

"And I'm still hurting."
Camila's shaky voice cracked at the line.

She stood up, giving the note one last glance before going to the altar and removing her ring and the watch that Lauren gave her from their 3rd anniversary.

Painstakingly walking to the room where they once shared, she buried her tear-stained face onto the pillows, her heart numb by the vanilla smell she'd grown to love.

But she had to move on.

She had to forget her.

Because Lauren doesn't love Camila any more.

A.N Aye i'm back :) I know I have literally 4 reads from the previous chapter but 4 is better than none ¯\_(ツ)_/¯