Always Warm

The kiss was passionate enough to bring the two of them closer to each other. Maki held the ravennette close to her as Nico started to cuddle up closely, their eyes were closed as they savored the sweet kiss they are sharing, not long before the redhead started to reach for Nico's collar and started to unbutton it and that mentally surprised the other. 'What the—' Nico's mind alarmed her but at the same time, she is liking it, so she just let the other be, Nico just couldn't help it even though it is escalating so fast. But then after a moment, a phone ring interrupted the two of them and they had to stop what they were about to do, Maki's eyes opened wide and quickly moved away from the black-haired while blushing furiously,"P-Phone call.." She said and the same blushing Nico nodded before she went to get her bag and took her phone out of it, looking at the screen, her face turned sour and groaned,"Jeez.. It's Nozomi." "Nozomi?" Maki raised an eyebrow,"Yeah." Nico asked as she tapped the screen to answer the phone call before placing the phone on her ear,"Why hello there! How's it going?" Nico cheerfully said and Nozomi's voice from the other side answered,"Hey Nicochi! So about the hang out? Are you ready for it? Elichi said that she has recommendations for you!" "Recommendations?" Nico asked with a raised eyebrow. "Yep! Well, Elichi said that someone likes you and wants to court you!" "R-Really now?! W-Well.." Nico chuckled,"I guess I can have a look." "Great! See you tomorrow?" "Sure!" And with that said, Nico hung up and put the phone down before she turned to Maki who just looked up at her while blinking with curiosity,"By the way, I'm guessing that you know Nozomi?" Nico then asked and Maki nodded,"Yeah, she is my co-worker's wife." "Wait, you mean, Eli?" Nico's eyes widened in surprise, slowing started to gain some kind of a good idea to who might this admirer be. "Yeah, such a small world! You also know them!" Maki grinned and Nico blushed, goddamn how she loves that beautiful grin of the redhead. "Y-Yeah! Of course! So anyway, I'm not really available by this Saturday soo.." Maki blinked,"What a coincidence, I was also about to tell you that I'm not available this Saturday also." The redhead smiled and Nico blinked,"E-Ehh? Really? Where are you going?" "Ahh, Eli invited me to some kind of a tea party.. What about you?" "Ahh.. same." Nico chuckled," By Eli herself?" "No, by Nozomi." Maki chuckled,"Guess we both will have smooth talks with friends." "Heh, yeah." Nico grinned and Maki then stood up,"So, it's really late, shall we get ready to sleep?" "Ah! Sure! I'll make dinner for a moment! I'm pretty sure you are hungry." Nico then turned her heels and went back to the kitchen with the redhead chuckling slightly.

After a while, Nico then called out on Maki who was just watching television and they sooner went to the dining room to eat. After that, they then went to take a small bath with Nico going first and as she finished, Maki then went to take a bath next. Few more moments and they now said their goodnights and sweet dreams before Nico went to her room and Maki went to the guest room.

However, in the middle of the night, Maki couldn't sleep and just stared up at the ceiling with her hands around her head, serving as her pillow, her amethyst eyes concentrated as multiple thoughts were running in her mind, things like how it all started and how her feelings became solid for Nico. All of it were just making her heart beat fast and loud that she could hear it clearly, she then smiled as she could see the face of the smiling Nico inside her head,"Nico.." She muttered her name and closed her eyes,"I wonder how it feels to sleep with you.."

Not long after before her door creaked open and the redhead turned her head to look at it and in surprise, Nico was standing in the doorway with her drowsy-looking eyes. The black-haired then started walking towards Maki who then sat up, the redhead then spoke,"Nico, it's late, what are you-" But she was halted when Nico suddenly wrapped her arms around Maki's neck and then buried her face on the other's chest, Maki's eyes widened and there goes the hard pounding of her against her chest again, it was so loud that Nico could feel it palpitating,"N-Nico?" The ravennette then nuzzled Maki's chest,"I... want to sleep with you." Maki blinked in surprised at what she heard, she was just thinking about it a short moment ago and then this. It's like a sudden wish came true! The redhead smiled and took this opportunity by gently carrying the black-haired to the bed and then she wrapped the blanket over the two of them, Nico then cuddled closer to her and closed her eyes, falling fast asleep. Maki chuckled and realized that tonight's temperature is cold, of course Nico would fall asleep faster now that she has the warmth she was always looking for. Without further ado, Maki then wrapped an arm around the smaller one's and pulled her close before she closed her eyes also to sleep.

A/N: Well then guys! I'm really back!! Sorry for the short update though! Hope you still enjoyed it!~ Votes and comments are always appreciated!