The Start

The two continued to look at one another for a few more moments before their faces slowly turned into red color, they then both arranged themselves and cleared their throats, unable to speak for a moment because of sudden awkwardness.

"U-Umm.." Maki started as she gently rubbed her nape, still unable to make an excuse.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you." Nico then cut her out as she just stared up at her.

'She is still handsome as ever..' She thought.

"A-Ahh. no no, it was my fault." And then Maki smiled down at her that melted the raven-haired's heart like how the scorching sun melt an iceberg.

It felt wonderful for the both of them.

"A-Anyway, you look really familiar." Nico squinted her eyes, trying to act like she doesn't know her. The redhead blinked and chuckled,"I'm that girl you always ride with in the jeepney. You were staring at me at times." She giggled and the raven-haired blushed at the sudden remark and looked away to hide her blush and for her heart to slow down a bit,"R-Really? I-I never knew I was staring at you!"

The redhead mentally sighed with so much love and then lent out her open palm,"I'm Maki. Maki Nishikino. And you?" "I'm Nico Yazawa." The other replied as she took her palm then they shook hands. A sudden tingle then crawled inside the duo's beings like a small voltage of electricity tickling them.

"What are you doing in here by the way without an umbrella that is?" Maki raised an eyebrow and the raven-haired looked back at the redhead with a smile,"Well, kinda a silly reason." "I would love to hear it though. Well.. Sounds weird.. coming from a stranger." Maki chuckled.

"It's okay!" Nico grinned,"We already introduced our names to each other, let's just say we are now acquaintances?"

"You're right. So.." Maki tries to get on with the topic.

"Ahh.. I was just waiting for someone like you to put on an umbrella above me." Nico giggled,"Sounds romantic right?" The redhead blushed and looked away,"R-Really? Well.. it does seem romantic, anyway, are you going home right now? Or you are still wanting to have a walk?"

"Ah, since I finally met you! I guess I'm ready to go home!" Nico giggled and Maki looked back at her,"Really now? Then, why not we go home together? We usually ride in the jeepney anyway and we usually bump into each other." "That sounds cool. Let's go!" Nico then led the way happily and the redhead just blinked before she quickly went beside her to hover themselves with her umbrella.

Not before long and they reached the loading place for the jeepneys, they waited for a few more moments before a jeepney stopped in front of them, they then hopped in and sat then the jeepney slowly accelerated.

"The next time, make sure to bring an umbrella, you'll get sick you know." Maki then sooner spoke and Nico rolled her eyes.

"Yes ma'am!~" The raven-haired playfully winked and the redhead smiled at her softly,"Good."

"So you usually work in a company a couple of blocks from mine?" Maki then replied and the raven-haired blinked,"Really now?" "Yeah, I saw you one time. Maybe we can go home together from now on? Kinda dangerous nowadays for someone like you to walk alone." Maki grinned and Nico blushed,"But I just wait for the jeepney to arrive as soon as I got off from work." Even so." Maki insisted.

'Sweet tongue aren't we?' She thought.

"Sure thing then! What time do you usually come home from work?" Nico asked and Maki hummed,"I usually go out from my building by 6, and yours?" "Same thing!" "Great!" Maki chuckled.

And they continued talking for a few more moments when it is time for Nico to hop down. The raven-haired then happily told the driver to stop the vehicle and once it did, she turned to Maki,"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, be careful on the way home okay?" Maki smiled and the raven-haired nodded before she hopped down from the jeepney. She then looked over her shoulder and saw the redhead waving at her slightly while wearing that sultry smile. The raven-haired also smiled as she felt that unexplained happiness in her heart.

'Finally...'

A/N: Heeyy guys! Hope you liked this new chapter! Votes and comments are always appreciated!

NEXT UPDATE RELEASE: July 13