Chapter 13: baby its cold

~This chapter starts the holidays!!! I'm super excited about the chapters from here on out( imagine the dress on a plus-size body)~

Word Count:1701

Its Nov 20th, a Monday and today I'm supposed to go meet Elijah at a coffee shop in his area so we can talk, he asked me a few days ago to meet him because he wanted to have a "serious conversation" as he put it. So i told him I'd have to think about it, and I talked with my mom and told her everything that's been going on and she told me to that it "wouldn't hurt to listen to him" so here I am, standing outside the coffee shop waiting for him, I bundle further into my oversized coat, lost in daydream waiting on him to get here. "Hey" I hear from my left and I turn to see him, in his work uniform which is nurse's scrubs and a jacket "lets go inside, it's too cold out here" he says as he opens the door for me "thanks" I say as we walk in, the warm air hits my face and i instantly feel better, the smell of coffee and cookies filling my lungs "I'll order for us if you wanna find a table" I nod "caramel mocha macchiato, extra whip with chocolate drizzle" I say as he walks away. I go walk up the small set of stairs and head towards the back wall, I find a small coffee table in the middle of a makeshift library with oversized couch like chairs on either side, I sit down and grab the first book I see and flip it over to read the back, as I'm reading I hear footstep approaching me and I see my coffee set on the table in the middle of us "it's really hot, be careful" Elijah spoke as he sat down putting his coffee cup on the table as well "thank you" I say "thank you for coming, honestly wasn't expecting you to say yeah after the way I've been acting these past few months" he says looking at me "I like to give people the benefit of the doubt before cutting them off" I say picking up my coffee and taking a sip, waiting for him to start, there's a few minutes of silence before I speak up "so you wanna go first?" I question and he nods "yeah, where do I begin?" He says laughing awkwardly "I just wanna say I'm sorry, I shouldn't have treated you the way I did, I tried to push you away at first, pretending like I didn't have feelings for you because I frankly didn't know that's what it was until my birthday" he says pausing "nobody treats me like I'm special unless it's my family or they want something from me, and then I realized what it was and I scared myself , I didn't know I could feel this overwhelming feeling of happiness and comfort. So I started acting crazy, by kissing you, which I thought for sure would work but it didn't. So I got angry, started treating you like property, like you were a game I needed to win. And I was completely out of line, calling you a kid when the only person who acted like one was me, I just didn't know how to handle liking you, and then you rejecting me" I nod "I understand" I say and he continues "I don't catch feelings, I'm always the one rejecting, so that's why I acted that way. I never realized I'd hurt you, But I wanna show you I'm not anything like people describe me, I'm better than that I can be better then I was in the past" he says looking at me, trying to figure out where this is going "I care about you, and I know your not how people describe you. And yes, you calling me a child did hurt my feelings, but if I would've known you felt that way I wouldn't have acted the way I did" I explain "I don't think I can just be your friend, this might be too soon, or too much but I want there to be an us, I want to be your boyfriend" he says a look of uncertainty in his eyes "I don't know what to say, I mean I like you more than a friend, but I don't want to hurt you, or you hurt me. Or you get caught in bullshit or get in trouble because we're together. And I just got out of a relationship not that long ago" I explain "I don't want you to take this the wrong way but, we don't have to tell people, of course our parents and Taz and Chase. But nobody else needs do know" he says, reaching out to touch my hand "we can work everything out, and we could actually be together, you'll be 18 soon" I nod "but my mom, she's not gonna let us date, it's not anything to do with you, they set a no dating policy with me and I can't date anybody over 17 until I'm 18 and moved out" I explain "with everything that happened with Kole they don't trust guys, let alone older guys" I say looking out the window behind him, he nods "maybe if I talk to her?" He questions "I don't know" I say "what if I ease them into it? Ask them if we can go on a date? Maybe then they'll be more open to us being a real couple?" He says "it's worth a shot" I say shrugging "the only thing they can say is no" I continue and he nods "ok, what are you doing this weekend? Like Friday which sadly is my only free day" he asks sitting back, more relaxed then the moment before this "you wanna go out on Black Friday??" I question, imagining how reckless that would be "we can go around all the craziness" he says and I turn my head in confusion "your crazy, on Black Friday there's no way in hell you can go around the crazy" I say drinking my coffee "well where do you wanna go then?" I shrug "there's mini golf, or the arcade, we could go during the day and go to the museum?" I suggest. And he nods "ok, I'll figure something out"

It's 7 am Nov 23rd and I'm woken up by the sound of my phone buzzing and the smell of food filling my lungs, I roll over and grab my phone to see I have 8 messages 2 being from Elijah

Elijah: Good Morning
Elijah: happy thanksgiving, don't gobble up too much food :p
Me: worst dad joke ever, like by far you could've done better, happy thanksgiving

I reply back and as i roll over and go back to sleep, about 45 Minutes I wake up to the sound of my alarm and I actually get out of bed this time. I walk to my bathroom and start on my hair, I spray some water and my natural ringlets appear in seconds, I brush my teeth, wash my face and do my skincare, I head back to my room and start to get ready, I do my normal routine and finish with my highlight.

 I walk to my bathroom and start on my hair, I spray some water and my natural ringlets appear in seconds, I brush my teeth, wash my face and do my skincare, I head back to my room and start to get ready, I do my normal routine and finish with my ...

I put on my dress and walk to my door, as I open it I hear the front door open and all the noise begins.
It's an hour later and we're sitting at the dinner table with Gages family, my mom and I and Jill and her family, everyone's in conversation and I'm just sitting here eating "so Reese, I hear your moving to Chicago in the spring after you graduate" Gages younger brother asks

(There's a HUGE age gap between Gage and his younger brother Teddy (Picture is Cameron Boyce) Gage is 46 and Teddy is 20🤷🏽‍♀️) and I look up and nod "yeah, me and my best friend Angel are moving into a 2 bed room 2 bath townhouse in the city, Ji...

and I look up and nod "yeah, me and my best friend Angel are moving into a 2 bed room 2 bath townhouse in the city, Jill set it up for me" I say looking over to my sister and she nods "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy" she jokes "well you should come see me when you move, I can show you around, and show you that pizza joint I go to" He says "yeah, I'll let you know" I say picking up my plate and walking to the kitchen and wash my plate, I walk to my mom "can I have my phone since I'm not at the table anymore" I ask and she nods handing me my phone "thank you, great seeing everybody! But I'm going back into hibernation" I state as I walk up the stairs and into my room to change into my olive green track suit, and I lay on my bed. I unlock my phone and check my texts
Elijah: ITS SNOWING OUTSIDE, IM OMW
The texts says and it said I received it 10 mins ago, I walk to my window and see Elijah sitting on the back of his car looking at my window, I wave and he waves back at me smiling, pointing at me and then the ground signaling for me to come outside, I grab my shoes and a heavy jacket and run down the stairs and put the front door, as I bend down to pick up some snow I feel something cold hit the side of my head. And laughter soon after (haha I rhymed😂) I look up to see Elijah bent over laughing at me "wow dick" I say as I sling a giant snowball at him, he dodged it and started running towards me and tackling me, rolling over me and falling next to me in the snow "hi" he says as I make snow angels next to him "hi" I say back enjoying the cold weather "so I'll pick you up Friday at 12:30 he says rolling on his side looking at me I nod "ok" I say as I grab a handful of snow and smash it into his face.
(How would you guys feel about me writing a sugar daddy book? Or a bad boy book? Let me know!)