Chapter 1: new house, new me

(This is the back of their new house, it looks boujee af)

Word count: 1352

I finished putting the last of my bags in the back of my mom's car, turning and looking at the house I've lived in for the past 12 years one last time.
My mom now standing on the side of me, grabbing my hand "are you ready?" I looked at her out the side of my eye and shrugging my shoulders "as ready as I'll ever be".
As we sat in the car, 2 hours into our 6 hour drive mom looks over at me and smiled "what are you listening to?" I pause my music "Metallica, Nothing Else Matters" as she looks at me with a slightly confused face "I didn't know you knew them" I nod " yeah it's a playlist I found on my Spotify" she just nods her head and continued to drive.
"Are you hungry?, we can stop up here and get a Hamburger?" "No, my stomach kinda hurts, but if you wanna stop and get something I'll just get a water" I say as she looks at me. "Are you sure your ok?? These past few weeks you've been acting weird and disoriented" I just sat there for a minute not saying anything, wondering if I should even bring up anything. " yeah I guess I'm ok, I don't know just with everything that's been going on these past few weeks with moving in with taz and Gage. And school and work i just feel stressed out" I say as we pull up to the drive thru, "well maybe when we get settled you and kole can go on a date? When was the last time you talked to him anyway?" I rolled my eyes as she said kole's name. "What? Did I say something wrong?" "Well you don't have to worry about us going on anymore dates anytime soon" I said as she orders her food, "what do you mean? What happened?" She looks at me with a confused face again, "well we broke up, he said he was "tired of my attitude" and that i would just have to find someone who could put up with it because he wouldn't anymore" "WHAT?" She says to me as she grabs her drink from the girl in the window "did he really say some bullshit to you about your attitude? When every time y'all got on the phone he was the one acting like he has better things to do then to to HIS GIRLFRIEND" I shrug my shoulders and look out the window "I guess that's what happens when you date "Judy Moody" as he liked to call me" "Wow" She says as she pulls into a parking space. She looks at me with a look of I told you so on her face "I'm sorry, is there something I can do to make you feel better?" I shook my head as I took a sip of my water and turned in my seat to look at her "unless you wanna order me a bunch of male strippers, then no, there's not a lot anybody can do, but after all this emotional stress, I'm good, I don't want another boyfriend" I said. She shook her head as she put fries on her burger bun "well I'll order you some strippers for your graduation party, I'll even get them to dress like one direction" She says as she laughs "hey, they got that one thing" we laugh as she choked a little on her burger "well if you need to use the bathroom, do it now, we only have a little while left and I wanna get gas and just drive through the rest of the way" "no stops?" "No stops" I nod my head as I get out the car.

I stretched as we pulled up to the front of "our new home"

And I go to the back of the car and start to grab bags, as I turn to put my bag on the sidewalk I see my mothers boyfriend Gage walks out the front door "hey guys! You finally made it I've been waiting all day for you" he says as he hugs my mom, I...

And I go to the back of the car and start to grab bags, as I turn to put my bag on the sidewalk I see my mothers boyfriend Gage walks out the front door "hey guys! You finally made it I've been waiting all day for you" he says as he hugs my mom, I just continue to grab bags and not say anything " here I can help y'all with those, and when we're done we can go inside and check out your new room reese's pieces" he says, using my child hood nickname my family gave me "yeah I guess" I said as I grabbed the rest of my bags and walk towards the house, as I reach the first step I hear him ask my mom "was it something I said?" "No, her and that dumb ass little boy broke up" I turn and look at them and shake my head.

It was around 7 o'clock when I hear someone come up the stairs and knock on my door "dinners ready"
I put down the hangers in my small walk in closet and say "ok" I see the shadow of their feet under the door for a few minutes and then I hear their footsteps walking away. I pull my sweatshirt off and throw on a old black tee shirt and put on my slippers. As I walk down the stairs I smell Salisbury steak, as I walk into the kitchen to grab my plate I turn and my mom is right behind me "come sit at the table with us, Taz just got home"  as I walk into the small dinning area and pull my my chair away from the table Taz runs down the stairs "HI SISTERS" she screams as she pulls her chair away from the table and sits down "don't start with that bullshit" I said as I sit down and wait for my mom and Gage to sit down she laughed "I just wanted to show my newly moved in sister some love, that's all" I Shake my head "yeah whatever" as Gage and my Mom sit down we begin to eat and Gage is the first to speak "so I just want to lay down some rules for the young adults living in the house" we both look up, and then look at each other a nod our heads "ok well rule number 1. If your going to stay up which I don't recommend considering you both have jobs and school, please consider that we might be sleeping in the other room, so don't get too noisy, and if you do, keep the door shut" he looks at us "you must have been referring to me" Taz says as she takes a bite of food "no, I wasn't, rule number 2. No boys in this house without Mary or I present, I don't need a season of 16 and pregnant playing in the house" I shook my head " you think I wanna get pregnant for one of these dusty, busted crusty ass boys?" "Miss me with that bull" he shook his head "wow, anyway, rule 3. Don't stay out past 10:30 on week nights, or 12 on the weekends" my Mom finally says something after almost 20 minutes of him talking " the only reason it's so late is because you both have jobs. Don't abuse this power we've given you" we both shake our heads "and we both agreed on these rules FYI" "ok" we both say. "Well I'm going finish my room, thanks for dinner momma" I wash my dish and head back up stairs.

3 hours later at 10 o'clock I'm almost done setting my room up, I take off my pants and lay on my bed, my head was pounding and I was on the verge of falling asleep. I get of my bed and go to my calendar on the wall and mark off today May 24th, 2017. I go back to my bed, turn off my lights, grab my book and lay down. The last thing I remember was my book falling out of my hand and seeing the back of my eye lids.