Chapter 10-Family Dinner (Edited)

Começar do início

After the Shehzad family greeted the Ahmed family they decided to give them a tour of the house. Mustafa and his family already knew what Zakariyah's house looked like as Amir had shown them photos of every floor and room including the garden.

The 1st floor consists of a dining room, living room, guest room, kitchen and a bathroom. The 2nd floor consists of Mr and Mrs Shehzad's bedroom, Simra's bedroom, guest bedroom and Safina's bedroom. The 3rd floor consists of Subhan's bedroom, Amir's bedroom and two guest bedrooms with their own bathrooms and balconies each. The 4th floor consists of an indoor swimming pool, a decked out gym and a game room.

The Ahmed family was in awe as they silently followed the Shehzad family downstairs into the basement which has been turned into a cinema/karaoke room.

"Wow, you guys do singing competitions down here to see who can sing the best nasheed beautifully?" Aaliya asked, her tone laced with excitement.

"Yes we do and Amir bhai(brother) always wins, you should hear him sing Maher Zain's 'I'm Alive' it's so good," Safina replied whilst begging her brother to sing for them as everybody got comfy on the large u shaped sofa in the middle of the room.

"Really, mummy's favourite nasheed is also 'I'm Alive' by Maher Zain and she also sings it beautifully mashallah," Amira replied innocently whilst everybody smiled and Sadia and Khadijah looked at each other with the same plan forming in their heads.

"How about Aaliya and Amir beta sing 'I'm Alive' together as a duo and do some solos in there too," suggested Khadijah with an evil smile on her lips, as Aaliya and Amir looked at each other with shock but agreed anyway otherwise they knew what their parents and siblings would do to them.

They both started with the begging singing it beautifully together

"You're the reason my life's worth living, you're the reason I'm alive,

I'd be lost without you, you're the reason I strive,"

"You're my destiny, you're my reverie,

You're the reason that I breathe, you are all that I believe,"nAmir sang beautifully that left everybody shocked.

"Ilahi,ilahi,ilahi, Maula x2," Aaliya sang so beautifully that everybody's jaws dropped even Aaliya's parents.

Everybody clapped as they finished it quickly by singing together "For so long I've been denying, but now I feel like I'm flying, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive," Smiling at everyone they were about to sit down when Aleena suggested "How about you sing an Asian song called 'Sanam Re',"as they stared at her in shock.

Before having time to say anything the music started and Amir started first by going solo

"Bheegi bheegi sarkon pe mai( on wet streets),

Tera intezar karoo(I'm waiting for you),

Then Aaliya took over with her amazing voice

"Dheere dheere dil ki zameen ko(slowly slowly, the land of my heart)

Tere hi naam karoon(filled by your name)" the Amir took over again as everybody watched and listened in awe whilst all the siblings were recording the moment on their phones.

"Khud ko yoon who doon(I lose myself in such a way that)" Amir sang.

"Ke phir na kabi paaun(I don't ever find myself again)," Aaliya sang.

"Hawle hawle zindagi ko(slowly slowly, this life" Amir sang,

"Ab tere hawaale karun(surrender to you now)" Aaliya sang as they sang the chorus together as if this was their love story.

"Sanam re, sanam re(oh my beloved)

Tu mera sanam hua re(you have become my love),

Sanam re,sanam re (oh my beloved)

Tum mera sanam hua re(you have become my love)

Karam re,karam re(this is mercy)

Tera mujhpe karam hua re(your mercy on me)

Karam re,karam re(this is mercy)

Tera mujhpe karm hua(your mercy on me)

Sanam re, sanam re(oh my beloved)

Tu mera sanam hua re(you have become my love)" they both finished off, forgetting about all the other people sitting in the room watching with shock and awe written on their faces as the dinner was long forgotten.

Safina, Subhan, Simra, Mustafa and Sadia all smiled at each other as they finally found the perfect girl that's right for their brother and son.

Zakariyah, Khadijah, Ameena, Amar, Aleena and Amira all smiled at each other as they have finally found the perfect man for their sister, daughter and mother who will not only respect her but give her the love she deserves after everything she went through and respect her family as well.

Realization dawned upon Amira as she innocently said: "Mummy what about dinner I'm hungry and didn't we come for food".

"Amira have some respect," Aaliya replied quickly apologizing for her daughter's behaviour, Sadia just laughed whilst everyone followed her up the stairs and towards the dining room where the table was filled with chicken and vegetable samosas, biryani, chicken legs, chicken pakoras, sheesh kebabs, kebabs, chicken curry with chapatis, chips and for dessert cupcakes, trifle, ras malai, gulaab jaman, keer and ice cream.

"Really Sadia there's no need for this at all a simple dinner would have been fine," Khadijah said whilst taking a seat next to her husband. Dismissing what Khadijah said Sadia just smiled at them and everybody said "Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem,"(In the name of Allah the most merciful the most kind) and started eating the food laid in front of them.

Amar was grateful for getting to spend time with his best friend's family.

Khadijah and Zakariyah smiled and felt happy inside spending time with his best friend's family and seeing his children happy.

Ameena and Aleena laughed at something Safina had said as they all smiled at each other thanking Allah for them to meet.

Aaliya and Amira smiled at each other whilst tickling each other unaware of the fact that Amir is looking at them with a smile on his face.

Amir thanked Allah a thousand times in his heart for allowing him to meet Aaliya and his family and prayed for his wish to come true.

Subhan and Simra felt happy inside as both families got along really well and it felt like one big conjoined family. Little did they know that they were about to become a lot more closer in the next few months.

Mustafa and Sadia smiled at each other, feeling peace inside as the families got along really well and they couldn't be more happier with the plan forming in their heads.

Knowing that they have to talk to Zakariyah and Khadijah before going any further they planned to meet the family again in a few weeks' time at a restaurant as Sadia told Khadijah and Zakariyah the plan they agreed with big smiles on their faces as everyone but Aaliya, Amira and Amir knew what is going on.

Little did Aaliya know her life is going to change in a matter of just a few weeks.