Morning

Chapter Sixteen

Currently Zeus was lying on Ethel’s bed, dressed and ready for his first day at this new school.

The sound of Ethel exiting the bathroom caught his attention. But he acted like he didn’t notice her standing at the bathroom doorway and stAceng holes into him. 

Zeus didn’t even need to look at Ethel to know she was indeed checking him out. 

He smiled a toothy grin when he finally looked at her and noted that his suspicions were true. 

It pleased him that she was ‘checking him out’. Not in a boasting an ego kind of way, but it showed him that she was at least looking at when he had to offer. 

Today, Zeus made a mental note to stick by her side all day at school. Something told him that she doesn’t have the best of times at school, and he wanted to change that. Zeus only hoped that he would not be as popular as he was at his old school, in the new school he was to attend with Ethel. For he knew that if people saw him as the next popular kid on the block, that he can say goodbye to being by Ethel’s side all the time. But he knew better then to engage himself in the popular group. He wasn’t going to make the same mistake twice. 

Ethel cleared her throat and he immediately looked up at her again. “Momma’s probably got breakfast ready, we should head down.” She stated. Zeus nodded and got off her warm comfy bed and like a gentleman he opened the bedroom door for her. 

“Ladies first,” Zeus said, Ethel blushed as she made her way out of the bedroom. Zeus held her hand as Ethel and him descended down the stairs. He made sure that they walked down with a slowly and steady pace since she was still in a leg cast. Once in the kitchen, they saw Mary rushing around the kitchen. 

“I’m sorry guys, but I seemed to have woken up late, and I have a business meeting in an hour. Oh shit, make that thirty minutes.” Mary muttered as she grabbed her coffee mug and started to make herself some coffee. “Ace! Where is my sugar?!” Mary shouted. There was a silence that filled the kitchen before some loud footsteps came from the stairs. 

“I used it all last night. I was killin for some cool aid.” Ace answered as he walked into the kitchen. Mary let out a loud sigh and picked up her mug. 

“Boy, I swear,” his mother breathed and starting to walk out of the room. 

“Yo, momma, where is my toast at?” Ace quizzed before his mom was fully out of the room. 

“I’m running late, make it yourself.” With that and the clicking of heels they knew that Mary was off in her room getting ready to leave. 

“Damn it … Hey, Zeus can you give me a ride to McDonalds? I need my daily breakfast or I will go hungry and die of starvation!” Exaggerated Ace. Zeus chuckled before nodding. 

“Yeah, sure man,” replied Zeus. 

“Actually, no you can’t tag along with us. I have to be at school early.” Ethel stated to her brother. Ace rolled his eyes. 

“It’s not up to you sis, it’s his car. He said I could! Na-ha-ha.” Ace stuck his tongue out at his sister. 

“Uhhh, man, if she says no, I have to agree with her. After all, the lady picks.” The words Zeus said made Ethel smile and stick her tongue back at her shocked brother. Zeus chuckled at her childish ways. 

“What happened to bros over hoes?” Ace questioned.

“Are you calling me a hoe?” Ethel asked in a fake shocked voice. 

“Well, hoe may not describe you, you are too innocent, but my boy Zeus knows what I mean.” Ace winked at Zeus.

“Sorry, I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean.” Zeus stated. 

“Ace! Where is my alarm clock?!” An angry Spencer said for the doorway. 

“It’s slipped out of the window.” Ace answered. 

“Slipped?! Slipped?! You threw it out of the window before it woke me up! Now I have missed the buses.” Spencer said in outrage. 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you wanted to be woken up today.” Ace said with a smile. 

“Are you kidding me?! Why in the world do you think I have an alarm clock?! Just for decoration?!”

“Beats me.” With that reply from Ace, Spencer lunged at him in anger. Zeus noticed that soon they would be in a full out fight, and he didn’t want Ethel to get in the middle of it. With a strong but gentle grip on her arm he led her out of the kitchen and to his car. 

“I hope you can give me the right directions to the school.” Zeus muttered when they got in the car and he started it. 

“I can also give you the right directions to Burger King. I am killing for something to eat before school.” With a smirk Zeus nodded and began to drive with her directions.

<><><><><><><><><> 

Please bear with me this story will pick up, actully next chapter there will be a new character and some D-R-A-M-A!!!

PLEASE COMMENT (and vote!!!)