Epilogue

Epilogue

Two Years Later:

“Please, call me when you get there!” Mary insisted as she looked at her smiling daughter, Ethel.

With a chuckle, Ethel rolled her eyes. “I promise you, for the one hundredth time, I shall call you upon arriving at the apartment.”

Ethel’s dad, David, gave his daughter an unsure look, “is that boy going to be there when you arrive?”

Sighing, Ethel gave her dad a final reassuring look, “yes dad, he will. As a matter of fact he is at the apartment now, unloading all of our boxes.”

David huffed, at the idea that his daughter moving over one hundred miles away to go live with some boy. He kept telling himself that she was eighteen now, in college, engaged, and happy. Yet, it just didn’t settle right with him. Maybe he thought ... it was a father’s way of thinking, never really wanting to let their daughters go.

But as the beautiful, young, lively, red headed daughter he had come to know, stood before him. David couldn’t help but sigh, and realize, he had to let go.

“If that boy hurts you, in any way, you better call me. I won’t be afraid to let him be target practice for my shotgun.”

Ethel released a small laugh at her father. “Whatever you say dad.”

David grimaced for a second think this was the second child of his he was seeing off. Just the other day, Ace left for New York with his new wife: Nyla and there one year old boy, Hyler.

It just all saddened David as he watched as his daughter get on her tippy toes and gave him a big hug, like she always does, followed by a small kiss on the cheek. “I love him dad, and he loves me, I’ll be fine, have some faith!”

Ethel released her dad and he stared at his daughter as she hugged her mother goodbye, and got in her car.

Ethel watched both of her parents wave to her as her car started to drive down her home street towards the expressway.

A single tear escaped her eye, for she knew this was the start of something new.

Her phone started to ring and with both eyes on the road, Ethel got her phone from her pocket and put it on speaker.

“Hello?” Ethel spoke.

“Hey, babe, where are you?” A familiar deep voice asked.

Ethel allowed a smile to creep up on her face. “I’ve just left my parent’s house with the rest of my boxes, I’ll be there by dinner time.”

“Okay, I’ll see you then.”

“Alright!” Ethel was about to hang up, but the voice on the other line stopped her.

“Hey, babe … I love you.”

Ethel bit the bottom of her lip, “I love you too, Zeus.”

Zeus sighed. "Don't forget it Ethel, I really do love you!"

"I know..."

"I-I just started to remember two years ago when I lied and said I didn't..."

"Zeus, we've talked about this a thousand times, you were pushing me away so Gram wouldn't hurt me. Babe, stop beating yourself up. Now, I'm getting on the expressway, you know I don't like talking when I am on the expressway."

"I know, be safe."

"I will."

With that Ethel clicked the phone off, knowing that she was about to start a new life with Zeus, and boy, was she happy that everyday she could wake up and see his face.

A goofy grin found her face as her car started to speed down the highway towards her new home...

<><><><><><>

Yes, this is the end!

And no, there will be no sequel!

I hope you guys like it the story though!!!

I think this is one of my favorite stories to write!!

Until next time, 

TheRiverRunsDeep