~ Chapter 29 ~

Crossfire

Knockout sat in his Medbay, mulling over the present and his past. The choices he had made, what he had to considered at the time to be the right thing to do.

Now, he wasn't so sure.

Soundwave had scheduled a checkup with him, whilst Knockout was curious as to why Megatron would let such a mentally unstable psychopath on board the Nemesis. However Megatron was just as mentally unstable as Lithiuma.

He had asked Soundwave that question that was bugging him. He showed him footage of the fight between Lithiuma and the Autobot Sundown.

Sundown was dead.

Knockout was confused. He didn't quite understand how he saw the light in her optics fade, her body fall lifeless and then erupt into flames. Yet he didn't feel it.

He thought he would've felt something when his Sparkpartner died, even though they weren't bonded.

Knockout made a mental list of what he knew. He knew Seekers needed a trine to keep them stable, Starscream was proof of that. Non-seekers like Knockout usually had one Sparkpartner, however Seekers had three.

Sundown had another Sparkpartner other than himself and he knew who it was.

Not only did he have his suspicions, she had practically proved it when she recklessly jumped into a gapping hole in the earth to try and save him. It was the same mech who was Knockout's sparkpartner.

Wheeljack.

Knockout hated the mech. His and Wheeljack's fates had entwined before, in a romance which was fierce with passion. Wheeljack however broke Knockout's spark, just as he broke Wheeljack's.

Knockout refused to forgive him. Knockout had once thought his true love was never to be, he could never forgive Wheeljack for stealing his spark. Yet his spark yearned for him.

Then came Sundown.

As soon as he saw her attack the Vehicons, now almost a year ago, he felt something he hadn't felt in a very long time.

Hope.

Being his luck, she was an Autobot. One who time and time again outmatched himself and his ex-partner, Breakdown. Every time he attempted to get close, to confess to her, to find the story behind the scarred femme, she either broke him or him her.

He sat on his aft whilst she was tortured, he tortured her himself, laughing. She struggled to not scream, how he wished he could take it all back. He wished he could tell her the regret he had, he wished he could talk to Wheeljack and wished he could switch sides.

It was too late.

He chose his side, and they did theirs. It was inevitable they would fight, hurt each other and hate each other.

It was the fate Primus wove for all of them, some got a path full of flowers, energon lakes and bright sunny days. Others like Knockout only got a path overgrown with thorns and creatures of the night ready to attack and kill.

Knockout despised it.

He despised Primus, fate, Wheeljack, Sundown, the Autobots, Decepticons, the war but most of all he despised himself. He despised how he was so weak.

He could've changed sides, but whats the point now? Sundown was dead, Wheeljack was most likely galaxies away and would refuse to speak to him.

Knockout's processor froze. Did Wheeljack know of Sundown's passing? Did Wheeljack even care?