Chapter 10: A Flower in the Woods

-Dedicated to @lavishlylavender for all the comments and support! <3 -

The red head was watering the flowers.Unlike Fiona's rich red curls, Ayla hair was straight, a bit wavy. Almost similar in terms of volume and shade.

I couldn't see her eyes yet. Jerry left me in deep curiosity.

"Hey" said I.

She looked up at me. For a moment there I had wished I'd see Fiona's face hidden behind the red mane.

But then I saw her eyes. Green eyes with a hint of grey. That shade of green. They held a depth that just lures you in by one glance. Red hair. Green eyes.She looked anything but real. I was practically immobile.

"Hello." she replied.

"Ugh" I said awkwardly smiling.

"I'm Ayla" she said with a smile.

"Kiara" I said when she walked few feet away to leave the watering can aside.

"Do you want to come in?" she questioned, looking over her shoulder, before walking into her cart home.I followed her.

I don't think I spot one inch of that place that was just blank without a print, design or some wall hanger.

"Ayla is a really beautiful name"

"I was named after my great great grandmother."

"Oh. Wow."

I found her really beautiful, way more than Riley. Infact, maybe the most beautiful girl I would ever see, but I already had complicated feelings for someone else. I don't know if Riley did even fit the title of "beautiful" in mind, I felt uncomfortable thinking that, like trying to call a boy beautiful to his face or something. I just, found her god damn attractive.There was no chance that would be replaced, anytime soon.

I walked up to monochrome photo pasted on a cupboard. My fingers lingered on it as I observed the lady in the picture. Even through the black and white picture I could say how beautiful her eyes were. She was holding a baby in her arms.

 She was holding a baby in her arms