Chapter 6: That Arid Day on the Highway, I Saw Her

-Dedicated to @misscuison   for all the comments and support! <3 -

It was now around 8:50 am. I had been driving the Pontiac down the interstate, with no sleep.While Jordan and Simon were passed out in their seats. I was exhausted. The thought that had kept me company through dawn was, did I have a crush on Gina.

This thought led my mind to my history of crushes. Which is a blank list of course. I mean Fiona had always spoken about who she liked, the "cute geek" from school. She even had a crush on my cousin Travis . I have had celebrity crushes if that counts. Zuko topped my non existent crush list. Duh.

Girls. I dont think I ever thought about it till Gina. I was obviously mesmerized by her. Yet no I thought. It was just like a celebrity crush. I was more star struck by her beauty and personality. Like a fangirl geek moment. I had instant respect for her. I don't know. Funny I thought. The world had given me the impression that 'a prostitute' deserved the opposite of what I so naturally felt for her. Respect.

Even though it was a short lived encounter with Gina, I could sense so much in her soul and who she was. So much more than the label she had taken over, for reasons I still didn't know. She wasn't ashamed. But I could see she saw it as her identity now, for that's how the world made her feel. She was so much more than what the foolish world saw her for. In fact from the glimpse I caught of her, I could see this ignorant world can never fathom who she really was. Not even I.

Only when the light was fully out I realized my mom and dad would've found my empty bed by then. I tried to not think of the chaos unraveling back home.

 I tried to not think of the chaos unraveling back home

The arid climate was not helping my weariness. Shrubs scattered on either sides of the highway. Now I can almost feel like i'm withering away with the sand. I decided to stop the car at the next filling station. Oh my luck! I thought when I found one with an adjoining a burger place. Last thing I remember, I parked the car nearby.

I was alarmed by a sound of a horn. I slowly opened my eyes, i could see the blurry vision of my thighs, short denim dungaree. I was still on the driving seat. I had fallen asleep. I turned to look at the vehicle horning. My eyes narrowed at the sunrays, shutting them close again. I can see two boys and a blonde girl next to a Jeep Wrangler Pickup. They were talking with another boy getting off a vintage motorbike.

Then I saw her. A tan skinned girl in a grey ringer t shirt with black stripes. The girl who didn't leave 'do i have a crush on her', a question at all.

She was seated behind the guy on the bike and then jumped to the front part of the seat after the boy got off. She instantly stole my attention. I couldn't see her face. I sat there watching her dark brown, not so thick, less than elbow length,, naturally almost straight, tad bit wavy hair. I liked how it fell off her shoulders and was slightly flying with the wind. She sat there for awhile holding the handles of the bike, her neck lowered in observation. I was already curious. I found her tan arms bent at the elbow really attractive. Yeah I know! I thought that sounded weird too. Thats when I realized I probably have arm-near-elbow fetish. No please dont imagine busty and big ass Megan Fox on a bike scene from transformers. This girl was not objectifying herself in any way. Besides her body parts weren't as big. She was just perfect!