Barefoot Interview #75: USA's Tyler L.

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series while talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, Tyler L. He is (currently) a 24-year-old operations processor and creator of the Barefoot Autism Challenge and the Barefoot Is Legal event coordinator; he was born in Des Moines, Iowa and resides in Des Moines, Iowa. Here is what he had to say about being barefoot.

What inspired you to go barefoot?

I was inspired to go barefoot through a former barefoot runner named Angie Bee Hotz. I tried walking barefoot after discovering her and I've enjoyed it ever since.

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot?

I go barefoot because it feels good and it makes me feel calm and focused.

Name some places you like going barefoot (besides at home and the beach).

I enjoy barefooting in the park, my home, and other areas.

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so?

I would like to go barefoot in a mall if the security would have no problem with me.

Why do you think people should go barefoot in public more often beside at home and the beach?

I think people should go barefoot more because it improves posture and it helps make you focused and aware of your surroundings.

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it.

In 2017, I created the Barefoot Autism Challenge and it was a bigger experience for going barefoot. It let people be aware of going barefoot and also helping out people with autism. I had fun doing it because as a person with autism myself, it made me feel like I'm making a difference.

If you want to out Barefoot Autism Challenge on social media, here is a link to its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BarefootAutismChallenge/ (link in the "External Link" just in case)

com/BarefootAutismChallenge/ (link in the "External Link" just in case)

Why do you think some stores and businesses have "banned" going barefoot?

I don't know why some stores have banned going barefoot. Maybe they're afraid of feet or other reasons. Or maybe they think we're homeless and are trying to take advantage of the company.

If possible, please share another barefooting experience of yours.

I have gone barefoot to an autism walk where I met up with a local barefooter named Erica. I also went barefoot to a restaurant with other barefooters where we talked to one of the employees about what we do.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it?

I think people deny it because they have some insecurities about their own feet. Maybe even they hat their own feet.

What would you say to someone who thinks going barefoot (in public) is gross?

I would just ignore them because they're not going to change me.

Conclusion.

I do thank Tyler L. for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind, comment down below, and happy barefooting.