Barefoot Interview #24: USA's James

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series while talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, James from Wisconson, USA. This is a list of what his reasons and health benefits to go barefoot (while in college).

What are some health benefits of going barefoot while in college?

+ Comfort

+ Foot musculoskeletal health

+ Foot microbial health (shoes are incubators for a veritable sludge of bacteria and fungus so
overwhelming it can often be smelled from some distance)

+ Foot nail health (fewer issues like ingrown nails, torn nails, etc)

+ Joint health

+ Sanitation (shoes track germs, feces, etc without the wearer's awareness, feet don't because you'd feel it, plus you wash your feet daily (probably))

+ Increased sensation and tactile feedback

+ Increased awareness of your surroundings

+ Better for the environment, globally (fewer shoes in landfills, less demand for footwear manufacture, however small, because you aren't buying it and using it up)

+ Better for the environment, locally (grass doesn't get as worn down or worn away, for example)

+ Better for campus maintenance costs (less wear and tear on polished floors, carpeting, etc)

+ It's a statement of freedom and individuality, which colleges tend to support, or at least give lip service to supporting

+ It saves time -- one less thing to do in the morning when you've overslept and have to rush to class

+ It saves your roommates the smell at the end of the day, since you aren't taking off smelly shoes

+ Pleasure -- college campuses tend to have a huge variety of textures, from rough or smooth concrete, to marble and metal inlays, to bronze statue pedestals, to beautifully manicured grass, to beaten dirt paths, to carpets, tile floors, and other indoor surfaces, bricks, cobblestone  

Conclusion.
I do thank James for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.