Chapter 6: High Hopes

I'm sorry, I've been in a very long hiatus before so... Here's the update!

CHAPTER SIX: HIGH HOPES

Chorong's POV

"Eomma! Appa! [Mom! Dad!] Lee sookmoga was-seo! [Aunt Lee is here!]" I shouted just to let my mom know that Aunt Lee had arrived.

"O! Let her inside, Chorongie," mom replied.

There she was, my mother's brother's wife, wearing her elegant clothes to any events as usual. Her brown Raccolto Ruffle blouse matched perfectly with her brown Tied Waist Wide Leg pants. Whereas me wearing my casual grey hoodie and jeans for family gathering.

Her career as a successful model really took hold of her daily life despite her whole role as a wonderful parent to her own kids. Two kids. Same as my mother had Seunghee and I both.

She was the first one to enter the house before little Haeun and her big brother, Howon as the mother swiftly took off her own pair of sunglasses with metal cat frame, observing a clear vision of anyone inside.

I greeted along with a smile and gestured them to our dining room, "Welcome Aunt Lee, mom and dad are eagerly waiting for you inside the dining room.. Same as our little Seunghee and me waiting for cutie Haeun," I said while caressing the little girl's cheek playfully.

The Lee family then proceeded to the said place. My parents brought Seunghee with them to the dining room as they started to ask and talk about each other's life, their personal conditions and all. It was actually a warm sight to see.

Once the meals were being served, we began to eat peacefully. Haeun and Seunghee were seated on another small table, adorably waiting for Mamacita, our maid, to give them their foods.

Aunt Lee were the one who started to bring up the main topic after we finished eating.

"Congratulations!! You got to be with Howon from now on at his school.. Don't be very shy to ask him whenever you are getting trouble or if you in case needed someone to talk to, yea.. Chorongie?"

I glanced with wide eyes at Hoya to make sure if I really can do that. He nodded rather calmly and said, "anything I can help with."

Upon that, I heaved a sigh of relief.

I bit my lips and asked him immediately, "Can you wait for me tomorrow at the school..? I am just so afraid that I'll be lost in the big and elite place.. That is if you are okay-"

"Ah that's easy, tomorrow it is. I'll search for you. I'd really like to be the one who walk you around the school if we have time" he said, cutting my words.

Woah,  I didn't even had to ask. I didn't remember him for being this kind but I felt glad. So glad that I thought I would be just fine at the new school whenever he's just around.

I thanked him and he replied a promising, "You're most welcome," as he simpered.

We broke off our small conversation just like that and only to be compared to our parents' never-ending stories.

When their conversations came to an end although it was hard for them but we thanked them for coming.

Aunt Lee bid us goodbye when the time was about to reach midnight as set but before that she didn't forget to utter some sweet and motivational words to me.

"Tomorrow's the day, Chorongie.. A better life will be ahead of you so be prepared, never loose hope. Stay optimistic and strong as you are now. Keep this on your mind, that this is your chance and you should shine brighter than how you shine before. Be brighter like your future wants you to. Don't let anyone take any of your spotlight, the one you most struggled to have till now. Nontheless, just be the usual you but with an upgraded version of the usual you. Get me?" she quoted with a smile which I responded back by pulling a wider smile as I could, plastered on my face.

"Yes.. Smile brighter like that too, you're always beautiful with that smile." I thanked her again.

"Naww don't be.. Let me hug you a bit," with that, she hugged me while patting my back, startling me a bit. I swear she is the best Aunt I've ever had.

***

This was too much for me to cope. Do I deserve those spotlight Aunt was talking about?

"What if I can't do it? What if everything suddenly goes the opposite way? Will you be dissapointed? You know me well that it's hard for me. To socialize. To get the spotlight. To let everyone look at me when I'm alone talking. I'm fine with being like this. B-but I don't want to crash any of your hopes," I said to my mother after a while of daydreaming and thinking deeply.

I was in my bedroom with my mother and Seunghee was already sleeping.

A chortle escaped my mother's lips, "Don't be scared. Be... Excited! For you are going to shine there the most, I know you can and I know you will. Have some fun!" she reveled.

Her confidence in her beautiful structured words striked me very deeply inside. How could mother be so confident and lighthearted?

As a curious daughter to my mother, I spoke my unanswered question while a small frown that creased my forehead still remained, "How can you be so confident, ma?"

"That's easy!" she exclaimed, like a child who just learned ABCs. That's my mom.

She went silent for a moment, anticipating my response. I just got more confused and asked her why.

"Because you're my daughter, sweetie!," she remarked and smiled warmly.

I giggled with a snort and enveloped her into a hug, placing my head on my mom's shoulder. Ah she never fail to amaze me.

As soon as mom started to talk again, I broke the hug, "Okay, mom. I know you're busy... I think I'm ready for tomorrow.  I always make sure you won't be worrying about me, anyway." I said.

Mom chuckled and I swiftly walked upstairs to my bedroom. I wondered how would my first day would be, before I close my eyes to sleep as I thought of the people there treating me nicely and also giving me a warm welcome.

Well,

Probably...

Let's just hope so.

END OF CHAPTER SIX

Don't forget to VOTE, thank you :D