Chapter 7: Jumbled Expectations

Its been awhile.. I don't know why am I being such a turtle nowadays hehe, so I hope you have to get used to my never ending apologies regarding my slow updates yea :")

CHAPTER SEVEN:
JUMBLED EXPECTATIONS

OK, so this is not what I had imagined yesterday. I should have not attended the school today. Oh, how I really wanted to run away right this instant.

The students were mixed with only 40% of them wearing the uniform under their gray blazer and 60% of them wore just the same white uniform with a dark grey tie which matched the girls' dark grey colour pleated skirts and the boys' dark grey trousers.

Everyone was exchanging different expressions and whispers were deliberately audible, some of them made disgusted looks at the sight of me.

It was because I wore a different uniform and a white mouth mask on. I forgot to buy this school's uniform! This is just beyond clumsy!

-- "what on earth is she wearing that kind of rubbish here, ew..?"

-- "say no to the messy-looking clothes but I actually say yes to the brave person who actually wear it shamelessly"

-- "hey, never heard of a new school uniform from the people around the school today, what's the occasion?"

-- "that's what I call the art school fashion design, they should recruit someone like her after this"

-- "who is she? lemme think.. this school is starting to welcome abnormal new students, huh?"

I looked down at my feet, hiding my face with my hair, trying to walk along the aisle as if I didn't hear those unwelcoming words bombarded towards me. My plan was to be unusually early so that no one would see me in different uniform but to my surprise, a lot of people in this school had arrived this early too.

I was fine with my clothes as long as it isn't illegal to wear for school. Besides, what else could I wear other than this?

The uniform was from my previous school as I had no other choice but to wear it. I admitted that I was very artistic back then. The arts were my motivation and I liked to paint so I tended to leave some amount of paints and stains on my uniform after I finished painting.

I let it dry on purpose because, call me insane, but I truly liked what I just did on my dull blank white uniform. Unfortunately, I got paintings on every piece of my school uniforms so it couldn't be help for sure.

I tightened my grip onto my bag more while I wandered my eyes around the spacious elite school. It was much easier to locate the principal's office though, as I caught a sight of a big modern wooden door at the end of the aisle, but with another big entrance, which there weren't so many people hanging out there to my one precious luck.

I came to never get used to these crowds anymore.

I literally sprinted my way to it because everyone was staring and whispering which made it hard enough to keep my own pace.

It was as if someone was going to cast a spell on me so that I could trip and embarrass myself in front of everybody.

Nevertheless, I regained my confidence. Once again for the multiple times since I woke up.

I finally landed in front of the big door of the principal's room which so I thought it was, expecting for the door to be opened seconds after I knocked but there was no response.

Expectations too high?

I leaned my left ear to the door, knocked the door and said hello multiple times. Strange.