Chapter 2: Broken-Down Doll

7 years old.

Chorong arrived at her new house in Seoul safe and sound. The house was even bigger than her old house in Jeonju although there were only 2 floors and 1 small porch. She went out and took her luggage from the car. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw a garden full of flowers near the house. Her mother got out from the car with Seunghee and unlocked the house.

"What are you waiting for? Let's get inside and explore around our new house," the father beamed to Chorong after he was turning off his car engine.

Chorong walked straight towards the front door as she entered the new house, mouth agape in surprise.

"So what do you think of your new house, Chorong? Do you like it?," her mother asked as she laid the little baby, Seunghee, on a red sofa.

Chorong nodded instantly and amazed at how modern everything inside the house was. She put her luggage near the front door and started to explore the first floor. The living room was so big and wide that she can be able to jump like a crazy ballerina.

Chorong opened the backyard door and her eyes widen when she saw a not-so-big swimming pool in front of her. But suddenly her face turned into a sad face.

Suddenly her mother appeared in front of her and placed her hand on Chorong's head and started to stroke her hair. She sat down at the same height as Chorong's. She looked at Chorong with a confused expression.

"Why are you giving that face to me? Something wrong?" Her mother said out of confusion.

Chorong suddenly pointed her finger to the swimming pool as the mother was still confused at the silent gesture.

"What's wrong? Is it too small?"

Chorong shook her head showing her disagree.
Her mother turned her face at the swimming pool once more and that was the time she realized that Hongbin liked to swim so much. She turned her face back to Chorong.

"So.. You missed him...," the mother stared at Chorong's eyes in a motherly way.

Chorong nodded and looked down on the ground in dismay.

"He likes swimming pool so much and to be a gold medalist swimmer is one of his goal. I remember when he taught me how to swim. He's very trained and talented. I really missed him...,"

Suddenly her mother saw her crying. Then her mother took a glance at her husband that was passing by her. Chorong didn't notice it since she was looking at the ground.

Her father noticed his wife took a glance at him secretly when he was about to go to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. Her husband immediately went straight to Chorong when he spotted that Chorong was wiping her tears rolling on her cheeks.

"What happened?"

"She missed Hongbin."

"Aigoo~ Don't let your precious tears came out from your beautiful eyes, Chorongie," her father mumbled to comfort her.

Chorong's father caressed Chorong's left cheek and wiped her tears.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, we just want this to be a happy surprise for you. But then it turns out that this surprise had made you sad..,"

There was no answer from Chorong.

"Oh yeah! There's something you need to see.. let's go upstairs, explore your bedroom," her father said receiving a shocked Chorong after she heard the word 'your bedroom' from her father.

"M-my bedroom?... you mean, my own bedroom??" Chorong yelled excitedly. Chorong's mom suddenly made a confused expression.

"There is??" Her mother asked her husband because she didn't even know that Chorong will sleep alone in her own bedroom. The father gave Chorong and her wife a wink as he smiled.

Chorong went upstairs immediately to check that if her father told her the truth. Well upstairs, there was a pink door on her right, a blue door on her front and a green door on her left. She picked the right door and there were many balloons inside it.

"OMO! Appa!! your apology is accepted. GOMAWOYO APPA!!!!"

Chorong said to her father from upstairs as she closed her mouth in an extremely overjoyed. She slept with her parents in a same bedroom before and she didn't actually allowed to sleep alone. So she thought this was unbelievable.

Chorong had a very sad time since she and her childhood friend, Hongbin separated. She studied at Bukong Elementary School and then studied at Bukong Middle School. She had no friends because she lost her senses of friendliness and she didn't want to talk with her classmates. Her classmates hated her because she was unfriendly. Half of them called her 'A Nerdy Doll'.

The person whom first called her 'A Nerdy Doll' was from a group of girls that were always bullying her at her middle school.

And another half of her classmates called her 'A Bright Doll'. Why? Because she was also hardworking, full of ideas and very intelligent in every subjects but not very good at Mathematics. She got D in Maths. But she was still in the top 5 in her school tho.

Actually, there was a friendly part inside of Chorong which was extremely caring like a mother does, a little bit annoying and sometimes noisy and clumsy.

Broken-Down Doll

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am veeerryyyyyy sorry for the late updates... There's something wrong with my Wattpad and my network... And sorry if there's many mistakes in my grammars and spellings. Stay tuned for the next chapter♡

Love it? Don't forget to hit thebutton.

Kamsahamnida, chingu. =)