02 | dákrya

The light speaks with a male's voice btw. Just imagine the most beautiful, heavenly voice you've ever heard.

 Just imagine the most beautiful, heavenly voice you've ever heard

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Can — can you show me the way out of the here then? I'm lost.❞

Are you really? Or do you simply not wish to be found?

I don't understand what you mean ... please, I really am lost and it's dark out here and my mum is probably worried and —

What does it matter? You are not a little girl anymore, are you? What is your age?

I ... I'm fifteen.

Ah. So you are quite young after all? But your features ... they are old. You are too tall for your age. Your hands are too large, your feet even larger.

I—

Calista. Do you know what your name means?

❝...❞

It means 'she that is most beautiful'.

Most beautiful... It's almost amusing, is it not? You are a girl with dull eyes and a mouth too big even for such a large and hard face. No, you are not a beauty. You are a pain to the eyes.

❝...❞

❝...❞

Are those tears that are sliding down your face now? Are you crying again?

I — I'm not—

— fascinating things they are, tears. They leak out in times of suffering but they can also spill out with overflowing joy. Some humans hide them thinking they will be perceived as a weakness, others use them to their advantage to manipulate the hearts of the weak. Fascinating. Simply fascinating.

What are you?

In your case, they obviously represent weakness and cowardice. You always cry so easily. You have never been a brave young girl.

What do you want with me?

I want to help you.