Chapter 17

Leah's POV

Once I awoke late in the day, I call Marcus first and set up a meeting with him to talk about some stuff at 2:00 p.m. so we could go for lunch together at The Hub.

Now it was time to call Morgan and let her down the easiest way telling her that I know she's pregnant.

So I typed in her number on the emergency call dial pad of my iPhone, I didn't have the time or patience to do it properly by unlocking my phone.

1-812-699-2014

After 4 rings went in, she finally picked up.

"Hello?" Although it sounded more like 'Heeeloo?"

"Hey, it Leah, I was wondering if you wanted to go out for breakfast at 10 a.m.?" I asked in my nicest voice possible.

"Umm..... Hang on, I might be busy."

Great, we were supposed to be best friends for life and now she was already making up excuses not to have to see me.

"Actually, I have an appointment.."

"Okay, well how about at 11:30 a.m. then?" I asked persisting.

"Um, yah, sure, why not? It has been awhile since I saw you anyway."

"Sounds great, see you at 'Rise and Shine' then?"

"Absolutely."

'Rise and Shine' was our most favourite restaurant ever as kids. They made the best pancakes and were open all day. So whenever you felt like breakfast you could go in and feel like it was the start of a brand new day, no matter what had happened only hours before. Even if it was eleven at night.

***

Once all my plans for the day were settled, I got up and did my daily routine. Showered, straightened then curled my hair, and picked out what to wear for the day. I decided to wear a pair of black jeggings, with a navy blue and yellow stripped shirt. Wearing my favourite Butterfly necklace.

I was thankful that I was finally on summer vacation. Although we could have had some nicer weather. Today it was quite breezy outside and the sky was a darker shade of blue than normal. I couldn't believe I'd be in grade 11 in 2 and a half months. Time seemed to go by so quickly. And who know's because of Morgan's situation, I could be going through one of the best years in high school, all by myself. That was something, I really didn't want. Of course Marcus would be with me, but what would I become without my best girl friend always by my side?

***

I arrived at 'Rise and Shine' at 10:45, and got a table for two in the corner, so it'd be more private when I confronted Morgan. Shortly after, she arrived right on time.

"Hey."

"Hey", I replied, "It's been awhile."

"Yeah it has, too long in my opinion."

"Yah."

I ordered my favourite chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and chocolate whip cream on the top. Whereas Morgan ordered, regular pancakes with blueberries on the top. Was she on a diet or something? I mean nobody orders that healthy here, or 'non chocolate free' I should say, unless they're either diabetic, on diet, or constipated. But I guess being pregnant and all makes you want to eat healthier, although I seriously don't what a little bit of chocolate could do to her baby.

"So how've you been?" I asked as casually as I could.

"Oh, umm good."

"That's good. So how come I don't see you as often? It's like we don't even talk anymore."

"We talk, just not a lot. I've been really busy thats all."

"Oh I see busy with what exactly? Its like you don't have time for your friends anymore?"

"Well, I've been really sick lately, I think I was sick for two weeks straight, I think I had the stomach flu-"

I cut her off mid-sentence, why was she lying to me anyway? I already knew, but was acting like I didn't, just to see if she'd actually come clean and tell me the truth, but obviously, I'd just have to tell her I knew anyway and hope for the best.

"Save it! Morgan that day we went to the hospital was the last time I saw you. It's been almost 2 months since then, and you still wouldn't tell me what the visit was about, or speak to me at all. You were acting like you didn't even know me anymore and was ashamed to talk to me. So I took things into my own hands and went to talk to your doctor myself. He told me everything. Just then I acted like I didn't know anything just to see if you'd tell me the truth, but I guess I was wrong." I rushed out all in one breath.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just, I didn't know what'd you think of me, or if we'd even still be friends anymore if I told you what was going on. I'm sorry I should have told you myself. It's just awkward being pregnant when your only sixteen."

"I know, I just wish you'd have told me. So when did this happen anyway?"

"Umm. The night we threw that party me and Tyler, well we kind of had a little fun that led to well, this."

"Oh, so we both got laid that night but you're the one who ended up pregnant."

"I guess so."

"Listen, no matter what, I want just always be great friends, great enough that we tell each other everything and anything, no matter what it is. Alright?"

"Alright. I've really missed you."

"Well, that's never gonna happen again. Because from here on out its just you, me, Marcus, and Tyler okay?"

"Definitely! I'm just worried about going back to school in September. I know i'm gonna have to take some time off but, its gonna be really awkward."

"Well don't worry, I won't let anything bad be said about you okay?"

"Okay."

***

After my encounter with Morgan I headed on home to get ready for my supper date with Marcus. I decided to dress up. I wore a black dress with red trimmings, black 2" heels and carried a red Guess clutch purse with me. I put my hair up in a ponytail with curls running down it perfectly. Then rushed out the door, hoping not to be late.

Once at The Hub we ordered steak with veggies and potato. We talked and talked for hours. When the restaurant was about to close we packed up our stuff and dragged our full bellies back to Marcus' house. We laid on the couch and watched the hockey game while I fell asleep in his arms. This is what I wish my life could be more like. Perfection.

A/N: hope you guys liked it. It's hard for me to write long chapters because I tend to ramble on and on. So comment and vote. I'll update again soon.