Promises Over Sluts

Jenna's eyes fluttered awake. She looked up at the beautiful sky-light in her bedroom to find a Pitter patter or rhythmic raindrops falling onto it, and she realized what awoke her-the doorbell was being pressed repeatedly.

Ring ding ring ding ding ding ring ding.

She pressed the center button of her phone revealing the time, and a text from Andrew.

"Lies." That's all it read. It just said 'lies'

After everything Andrew had done, Jenna wasn't even tolerant enough to reply. Andrew blew her off, ignored her, played with her emotions, made void promises-gave her every reason to hate him when he said he never would.

She untangled herself from the covers and placed her feet on the cold ground, "I'm coming." She shouted weakly, obviously hurt.

Dragging herself through the hallway with a blanket wrapped around her comfortably, she stopped in front of the mirror to see the mascara running down her cheeks.

She let out a sniffle and wiped away the mascara as best as she could without making the anonymous person at hthe door wait any longer. All she could think about was the person behind the door. She didn't want to drag herself to open it. She just wanted to go back to sleep. Maybe at the door was murderer, maybe they'd murder her. It was the only thing that gave her enough hope and patience to open the door.

She slowly opened the door without checking who it was. The door was heavy but once opened, she was greeted by strong, cold gusts of wind.

"Now, Jenna, I know I'm not your favorite person right now but-have you been crying? Baby come here" Andrew whined, wrapping his arms around Jenna, "why have you been crying?"

Her eyes swelled up with tears and she struggled the whimper the words out, "be-be-because you" she sobbed, an emotional wreck.

He sighed resting his chin fairly on top of her head, "Jenna, I know I've treated you differently since I started dating Helen but-"

Jenna placed her hands on Andrew's torso and pushed him away as the blanket draped around her fell to the entrance of her home.

"You're defending her?!" She yelped, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Wait-no, I didn't." Jenna slammed the door closed. She let out a low sob, and slid her back down the wall.

There she sat, in the darkness of her home, the pain of losing her best friend killed her inside.

She felt a vibrating sensation coming from her back pocket.

One new message from Andrew.

"Open the door. -.-" Andrew continued to knock on the door for a solid minute, and it ceased.

Jenna felt the need to reply to his messages.

Jenna: Why should I open the door? If you can shut me out of your life, can't I shut you out of my house?

Andrew: I have horror movies, Subway, and your favorite Arizona tea (4 cans) which is technically considered a soda.

Jenna: You can't buy my forgiveness the way you bought your way into Helen's life.

Andrew: I probably deserved that....

Jenna: You do.

Andrew: I came here to apologize and you won't open the door.

Jenna: you haven't done anything to prove you're sorry. Oh cool, you bought food and drinks, that's all.

Jenna picked herself up and dragged herself towards the hall. Quickly, she turned to check the peep-hole in the door outside. Andrew wasn't there. Oh so he left? Whatever. Jenna drug herself to her room. She threw herself, stomach first, onto her bed and sobbed loudly.