Unknowing

The days went by so slowly, painfully, and both Tony and Jenna were emotionally compromised.

Their worries about the wedding had been put aside until Malcolm was better. Nobody outside of the two of them even knew about the engagement, aside from the strangers that saw the rock on her hand, or even the obsessive fans that saw pictures of Tony and Jenna walking into the hospital together.

They had dually noted Tony's affection towards her. They were obsessive fans, and as we all know, Tony dating a fan was pretty much them getting their hopes up. They all thought they stood a chance. When the pictures spread, where MKTO Fangirls had zoomed in on her hands, they were furious that Tony was engaged.

It was stupid of them but it caused dispute.

The fact tony hadn't announced anything to the public, or even the close fans, was really giving him a bad image.

He didn't care though.

He wanted his best friend to be one of the first to hear it from him, not him to hear from outraged Fangirls.

"Tony, I know you care about Malcolm, but you gotta tell the public about the marriage proposal and acceptance. You're getting a bad image right now. I understand what you're feeling but you have to do this." Eman stated in a hushed tone. He wanted to comfort Tony but he also wanted what was best for him.

Tony stared up from the heart-beat-monitor that reassured him that his best friend was still alive.

"It's my life, man. I don't give a damn what the fans think of me right now. I love them. But for now, we aren't even putting out music or touring so why the fuck they care is beyond my understanding." Tony shouted, briefly regretting his choice to shout at Eman like that. Eman was kinda like an older brother to Tony, aside from him being a songwriter and producer.

Eman sighed loudly, "Tony. I understand what you're feeling but-"

"You don't. You really don't. When you and your wife got engaged, was your best friend in the hospital? Was it all your fault that he was there? Was it, Emanuel? Was it really? Were your fans mad because you didn't tell them? Were you on the verge of losing everything because you wanted to spend the rest of your life with a woman that meant more to you than anything? If I hadn't asked Malcolm to help me with the engagement surprise, he wouldn't be hooked up to all these machines right now. He'd be in the studio, standing next to me, and we would be recording songs for our next album. We would be touring for our album that just came out. We would be happy, successful, without a doubt of losing my best friend. I really fucking doubt you do. I appreciate everything you've done for me. I really do. But I know you don't understand how this feels. Please don't say you do." Tony pleaded.

"Tony-" Eman was cut off again due to the sound of choking and gasping for air.

Both Tony and Eman's eyes fell to Malcolm's side. They were immediately terrified at what was happening. Neither of the two had ever been in such a situation. Jenna, on the other hand, had. Tony was concerned for Jenna's well-being when she came into the same room as Malcolm, cold and lifeless . He pleaded that she not go to the hospital with him for a few days, and just focus on her work instead. See, Jenna is a writer. Her career started off as just a hobby. She would write fan fictions or just brief short stories, until her best friend (besides Malcolm), Andrew. Well, his mother had been searching his web browser history and came across her fan fictions. She said she was an incredible writer. So Andrew's mom published Jenna's fan fiction. She began writing more simple stories. She made good money from her books, but she hadn't written much since she met Tony. She had so much love she could share, but no conflict to write of. Jenna had to stay home where she'd promised tony she would be. He wished at that moment he wouldn't have said that, but couldn't have her seeing this.

"WE NEED A NURSE. WE NEED A NURSE NOW." Tony yelled out the door of the small room they'd put Malcolm in.

"Tony. This is a good thing!" Eman shouted over the commotion.

Rapid footsteps down the hall sounded like a bull run. Doctors, nurses, and attendees ran in the door like a stampede.

"Maybe. But he needs to survive this all first."

Tony stammered, choking on the word "survive."

"You can't be in here." A male nurse dressed in sea-foam green stated, assisting Emanuel and Tony out the door.

"That's my best friend!" Tony yelped trying to go head-to-head against the very large, manly nurse. The nurse closed the door, where Tony was left no re-assurance, no helpful comments, nothing more than his best friend being un-hooked from machines and wires.

Tony closed his eyes and imagined a much simpler time.

He thought of recording in the studio he'd set up in his little Los Angeles apartment when they used to be on Gigantic together.

He feared that this moment would be the last one he spent with Malcolm.

And maybe.... He was right.

-------------------------------------------Vote/comment/share

♡ jules ♡

- @mktofangirls on twitter