Bookshop - Chapter 8

March 2013

Harry's pov:

Today wasn't so bad although when I arrived at work Melody was hugging a guy. God my chance of trying to sleep with her would fail big time if she had a boyfriend. He was tall, quite muscly and had light brown hair in a small quiff. He looked familiar.

Melody looked over towards me and pulled away from him. I looked at the floor and continued walking toward the back room.

"Hey Harry what's up?" Jai asked. I sat in the chair in front of his desk.

"Nothing" I replied. He looked at me weirdly but continued typing on his computer.

"Okay, so what are you doing?" I sat up on the chair and leaned forward onto the desk.

"I don't know" he gave me another weird look.

"Ok. Uh can you get Melody for me?" Jai asked.

"Why can't you get her yourself?" I moaned.

"Well as your not doing anything and you are a employee you have to do as I say" Jai replied and the cocky look on his face was evident. Dick.

"Fine. Fine, I'll be back in a second" I walked out to get Melody and saw her still taking to that guy. I made my way over and stopped right behind her. Liam looked over at me warily and smiled. A nervous smile?

"Melody Jai wants you" I spoke. Melody turned around and before she could reply Liam spoke.

"Hi I'm Liam. Liam Payne" I turned my attention to him and had to fight the urge to tell him to stop talking.

"Cool" I turned back to Melody."Now". She nodded and I sauntered back to Jai.

I could hear faintly what they were talking about before I walked into the room and I chuckled to myself when I heard Melody apologise to Liam for me being arrogant and how I'm not a friendly guy. Glad she noticed. Liam agreed and I had to suppress the urge to go over and punch him. Just because. There is no proper reason why I wanted to but I just did. Luckily his face was fine and he left without a mark.

When Melody walked into see Jai I made my way towards the counter to serve some customers. Happy days.

The next day

Today was like any other day at the bookshop. Boring. The only decent day so far was my first day which was only a few days ago. It seemed like a whole lot more though.

Right now I was sitting with Melody working at the counter. Penny wasn't in today and lily was busy setting up a 'most popular books' section.

Just after the last customer left, clearly she's been eyeing me up, Melody nudged me. It's the only contact we'd made with each other since my first day. It's funny how we had only known each other one day and yet we had already fallen out, if you could put it that way. We weren't even friends but we made such a big deal out of our fight.

"What" I was confused as to why she was attempting to speak to me and also a little annoyed, I don't even know why.

"I'm sorry" she practically whispered. I was shocked. No one ever really apologised to me. People usually just carry on like nothing happened.

"For what?" I asked, genuinely interested.

"Can't you just take the apology I really don't want to explain". I smirked at her. Not really sure why.

"Sure" I replied before turning back to serve the customer who had just strolled over.

Perfect timing.