Bookshop - chapter 6

March 2013 - Chapter 6

Harry's pov:

Well today was fucking hell.

First off I was late to work, I didn't drink last night so I didn't have a hangover but I couldn't sleep and stayed up till 4 in the morning thinking about her.

I felt like crap.

Then Penny kept texting me telling me to get into work so we could have some fun, which was fucking annoying.

So I arrived at work and bought doughnuts for myself. I felt bad for Jai for being late so I gave him one. Jai said bye to Melody and she looked up and completely ignored me. Thanks.

I went over to talk to Penny and tell her to stop texting me all the time. I could tell Melody was watching so I sat with Penny a little longer. Then Penny dragged me into the back room and you know what happened there. Afterwards she dragged me out of work and told me to drive somewhere for lunch. The cafe was closed which I was disappointed about and I also kind of wanted to talk to Melody. So we had to drive to another place which ended up taking forever and when we got back Melody stormed out the shop.

I guess we were late.

Penny and I just served all the customers and I think I saw Melody come in and leave with a book. I forgot about it and continued working. Once the line was empty Penny sat on my lap and started kissing me.

At that point Melody walked in and slammed her book on the counter. I just about shit myself mostly due to the fact she nearly gave me a heart attack but the look on her face actually scared the hell out of me.

To make my day so much better. Note sarcasm. She has a massive rant at me. By the time she was finished I was fuming. How dare she embarrass me in front of Penny and call me names when she doesn't know shit? I really wanted to hit something but Jai would flipped and make me pay when I have no money and I would never hit a woman.

Never.

So I just stormed off to the back of the shop and started stacking books into the shelf. Not long after Penny showed up and helped.

"What a bitch" Penny muttered. I couldn't be bothered talking to her the now so I just ignored it and carried on.

After that long work day all I wanted to do was go home and sleep but instead I Bethany and invited her over. I had one thing on mind and that was sex.

The next day

I woke up in time for work with Bethany lying on my bed beside me. I pried her hand off of me and got out of bed. I was naked. Bethany was supposed to leave last night but i feel asleep. I drank as well just because I was in a crappy mood and I needed it.

But last night was good.

It helped me forget and just have fun.

"Harry" I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Bethany. I've known her for a while and occasionally call her for sex. I guess she's a friends with benefits.

"Yeah". She was fully naked.

"I was just wondering where you were, you up for what we did last night tonight?". Should I?

"Nah, maybe tomorrow, I'm really tired and I have work all day so I'll be even more exhausted". I loved that I could just stand naked and feel comfortable about it. If you could walk about in public naked, I would.

"Okay, just call me. I'm going to leave soon my mums coming down for the rest of the week to visit". Bethany has a key to my house, only because I've known her for so long and I trust her. She's actually a friend. She is not a slut. She only allows us to be friends with benefits because she has a crush on me but she knows we can't go past fucking and she's more than happy to just do that. I think.

Bethany is attractive but I don't feel anything towards her. But we are good friends.

"Thanks Bethany. I'm going to have a quick shower, get changed and leave for work. I'll be 10 minute tops so depends how long you want to stay". I made my way over to the bathroom and stopped at the doorway to wait for any response.

"Okay, I nearly forgot but I came here in a taxi last night and left my car so would you mind driving me home?". I guess I could, her house was on the way to work.

"Yeah, that's fine". I shut the bathroom door and tuned on the shower. I don't see why people like really hot showers, mines always has to be slightly cold.

5 minutes later I'm out the shower and wrapping a towel around my lower body. I dash into my bedroom and shove on my black jeans and plain white top.

I walk into the living room to see Bethany fully dressed and waiting on the couch.

"Hi, when do you start work?" Bethany asked.

"I still have like half an hour so if you want we can go pick up some food and eat while I drive you to yours?". I was really hungry and it only took 5 minutes to get to a food place.

"Sounds good" she stood up from the couch and I followed her out the door.

Hopefully today isn't as bad as yesterday.

An: hope you enjoy. This isn't my favourite chapter but I quite like the next one. I know things may be going slow the now but it is only chapter 6. Please vote and comment as share. It would mean a lot and I would really appreciate your feedback. Please also let me know if I've made any mistakes. Thank you.