Bookshop - Chapter 7

March 2013 - Chapter 7

Melody's pov:

"Liam, oh my gosh! Nice to see you, it's been a while". I was excited and also nervous to see him. I haven't seen Liam since I was 16 when he had to move to America and that meant also ending our relationship. He was my first serious boyfriend and we had been together for a year and a half until we had to finish. We promised to keep in contact but after the first couple months we didn't speak as much and from Facebook id seen he had got a girlfriend. I was heartbroken. But we did live far away from each other and long distance would never worked and if he didn't leave I wouldn't have met and dated Jamie. The guy I loved, lost my virginity to and only broke up with three months ago. Yeah me and Jamie were together for nearly four years and we finished because we thought we had to experience things on our own as we had been together nearly everyday since we were 16. We kept in contact but not regularly it was just to let each other know how we doing or any news.
I did miss him but I was almost over him.

I got up from behind the counter and strolled over to Liam pulling him into a hug.

At that point Harry had arrived and he looked over at me and I pulled away from Liam's embrace and faced him.

"Nice to see you too" Liam muttered.

"I thought you would be in America teaching English or something, what made you come back here?" He laughed.

"Well I actually came back last week. I got a job offer in London as a English teacher" I chuckled at how I still remembered his love for English and how spot on I was."My family is still in America but i thought this was the right choice for me and I actually bumped into your dad and he told me you were working at waterstones on Gower Street so I thought id come see you". Aw how sweet.

"Aw thanks Liam." I lightly punched his shoulder and smiled."That sounds great though, you'll be doing something you've always wanted to do, I'm happy for you. Congratulations!". He smiled at me.

"Thanks Melody, so how long have you worked here for?" Liam asked.

"2 years. It's a great job and the boss is the best" he nodded showing he was listening.

"That's great. Glad your doing well. Your looking great by the way, if I thought you were beautiful 4 years ago I can't describe a better word now, wow". He said looking me up and down then right at my face. I could feel my ears burning due to his compliment and I was thanking god at moments like this I wasn't one for blushing.

"Why thank you Liam, your not looking so bad yourself". We talked for another couple minutes about family until Harry appeared behind me.

"Melody Jai wants you" Harry said eyeing up Liam. He didn't even ask his name or say hello.

"Hi I'm Liam. Liam Payne" Liam held out his hand but Harry ignored it.

"Cool". Harry turned round and faced me. " Now". I nodded and Harry walked away.

"Sorry about him, Harry's not a very friendly guy" Liam chucked and nodded.

"I noticed" I laughed with him.

"Well I better go" I said turning away.

"Melody wait. I was wondering if you wanted to go out Saturday, I'll give you my number and text you the time". Fair to say I was surprised.

"That'd be nice, I'd love too". He asked for a pen and paper and then scribbled down his number while smiling.

"Well give me a text so I have your number and I'll arrange everything" Liam said while handing over the piece of paper.