Manik covered the distance between them in few strides and stood right next to her. "I am sorry Nandini...I promise I won't be late again...ever.."he held his ears and making a cute puppy face he said "Please forgive me..Please.."

"Not this time Manik.."the girl replied as she continued to walk away.

"If you won't stop I will cross the line and come after you.."Manik's words stopped that girl in her track. "...and you know..I am not joking..I really mean it.."

The girl almost immediately turned around "You would do such no thing Manik..do you get me.."

"Why not Nandini.."Manik replied.

"You know why.."the girl snapped. "You can't cross the DEMARCATION..you will.."before the girl could speak Manik cut her off "..die"the girl's eyebrows shoot up as soon as those words came out of Manik's mouth. "Shut Up Manik..Just stop your nonsense.."

"Why.."Manik asked. "Why should I stop..You won't forgive me..You won't talk to me..than what's the point of my life..if I cross that line at least I could touch you for real...at least once before I die..i will die in your arms Nandini..trust me when I say this that death in your arms is way better option than living an eternity without you"

Both Nandini and the girl could see that Manik wasn't joking..

...he was serious...

...he meant everything that he spoke.

His words made both of them not only speechless but teary eyed too.

"I hate you Manik Malhotra..I hate you so much.."saying this the girl ran towards him. She was about to cover the distance when Manik stopped her. "Nandini don't.."
She stopped almost instantly.

Nandini was confused as she didn't understood why Manik stopped the girl.

But her confusion got cleared as soon as Manik spoke the next moment. "THE LINE OF DEMARCATION.."

"So what.."the girl argued. "Just few moments back you were threatening me that you will cross the line and now you are stopping me.."

"Yes..because I can't loose you.."Manik replied looking at her.

"But one day you will Manik...one day this will end Manik..and we both know that.."the girl slumped on the floor.

Manik sat down on the ground too "I will never let that happen Nandini..I will never allow anything or anyone to come between us.."

"You promise.."the girl looked up at him with tearstained face.

"I promise.."Manik's words were seal with honesty. "Nandini..you know na I can't see you crying..I can't see you in pain..so please..please wipe that tear away..please..for me.."

The girl did what Manik requested. She wiped away her tears which made Manik sigh in relief. "Is it okay now.."she asked looking innocently at him which made him smile. "It's perfect just like you.."his words made her smile and blush.