Chapter Twenty: Engaged

"His Royal Highness, King Castor of Kalpana!"the announcer declared. The crowd roared. Saros and I grinned at each other, gazing at Castor standing up at the top of the stairs with the coronation items and his golden crown on his head. We clapped, and I caught Castor gazing over at me sheepishly. I gave him the biggest grin I could muster and giggled. Saros laughed with me, and the guardians, who were beside Saros and I, all clapped in turn.

"I knew the Spoiled Prince had it in him. Well, I guess now he's the spoiled King,"Anwyl snorted. I glanced at him and he was grinning.

"He's truly spoiled, with Isla by his side,"Hajime commented. I glanced at him and he gave me a small smile. After the huge ceremony was over, there was a party to celebrate it. Castor found me immediately at the beginning of it. He sighed and grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"What's the matter?"I asked him. He sighed again.

"I have to greet people. It's time for you to greet them with me, you'll be my queen eventually,"Castor replied. I frowned and allowed him to lead me towards several people

"Yeah, if you ever propose,"I muttered. He grinned and glanced at me. Castor and I went around the room, greeting people and talking with everyone. Some of them offered condolences on the passing of Aerglo, and every time someone mentioned him I felt a small sting in my chest knowing I was the one who had killed him. Castor squeezed my hand every time to let me know he was there for me. The others who didn't mention Aerglo either thanked me for saving the Kingdom or congratulated Castor on his corranation. When the party was over, Castor let out numerous sighs of relief, leading me to our new bedroom. He shut the door behind us and walked over to the desk in the corner, lifting up a glass case. He placed his crown on a stand in it and covered it once again. He then turned and walked over to me, pulling me into an embrace. I touched his arm lightly. "What's wrong?" He sighed and lead me over to the bed, sitting me down.

"I'm just tired. I finally get a chance alone with you....and then I get to plan a ball....man,"Castor sighed. He sat down and gazed at me standing before him. I gave him a smile.

"When we get married, and I become Queen, you're going to let me help you take care of things,"I told him. He snorted and shook his head.

"I wouldn't burden you,"Castor replied.

"It wasn't a question,"I told him. I stood in front of him and crossed my arms. "It was more of a statement." Castor grinned up at me and reached up, placing his hands on my waist.

"A statement huh? Already talking like the queen,"Castor laughed. I shrugged.

"I only aim to inform, Your Highness,"I told him. In a quick movement he pulled me on the bed and climbed on top of me. I laughed.

"Careful my Queen, I may just take advantage of you, if you talk like that,"Castor joked. He placed his lips at my neck. "Or I could tease you and then leave you." I hummed at him in response.

"My, my. Where did your manners go? Teasing isn't very royal of you,"I told him.

"Royal, I'll show you royal,"Castor exclaimed. He began placing hot kisses on my neck. My hand found his hair and I ran my fingers through it. His hands started traveling, going up my shirt and messing with the button on my skinny jeans. He pulled up and kissed me on my mouth, slipping his tongue inside. My hands began tugging at his shirt buttons, my body aching to touch him. We lost ourselves in each other, completely immersed in what we were doing and ignorant to anything that could have been going on around us.

~~~

In the morning, Castor found me already dressed and sitting on the bed beside him. I smiled at him, realizing he'd woken up.