Chapter 12

"She's suspicious Mike, that stupid ass police officer is suspicious. She knows somethings up" Clara frustratingly says, pacing around the interrogation room with her hands balled up in her hair.

The woman's husband sighs, leaning back in his chair, "You're panicking for nothing Clara. We had a good alibi that's actually believable, and if it goes right, it'll be Lauren going down, not us" Mike replies, a menacing smile appearing on his overly smug face.

It was like he was so sure his plan would work, despite him having not thought it through.

"I can't believe you're actually allowing this to happen! This is our daughter for god sakes-"

She gets cut off.

"This is also the same daughter that reported us in the first place Clara, it's either her, or us. I'll let you pick" Mike replies, his tone just as loud as his wife's.

"This whole things your fault. I can't believe you let her escape!" Were Clara's last words before the interrogation room door once again opened, revealing officer Cyrus with a not so happy look on her face.

It was a look that made both adults in the room nervous.

**

"Lauser! Your phones ringing again babe! It's an unknown number!"

Lauren sighs heavily and looks down at her baby contently sleeping in her arms. For once, she was wanted a decent night sleep, was that too much to ask for?

"Mama will get some sleep soon, I'm sure of it peanut" Lauren says rhetorically as she sits up in bed, gently laying the tiny girl down next to her

"Mama will get some sleep soon, I'm sure of it peanut" Lauren says rhetorically as she sits up in bed, gently laying the tiny girl down next to her. She winces slightly when she stirs, but sighs thankfully when she settles down again without waking up.

It took a while to get her to sleep in the first place, so she'd rather not go through all that again.

Just as she goes to walk out of the room, Dinah appears in the doorway holding her ringing phone in her hand.

"Thanks DJ" Lauren says with a small smile before taking the device out of her hands. She presses except and brings it to her ear.

"Hello?" She says, watching her taller friend walk back out of the room with a wave.

"Hey Lauren, it's officer Cyrus. I've just got done with interviewing your parents." The officer replies, an obvious annoyance to her voice.

"And..."

"Nothing. Their alibis pretty damn tight and if it was them that did it, I couldn't get either one to admit anything about it"