Chapter 8

Please don't hate me lmao. Enjoy the chapter and thank you to the people who counted down the votes with me in the last chapter!

**

Once her parents drinks were made, she takes them into the living room one at a time before sitting down on the couch opposite them. She holds Camila close I'm her arms, allowing the newly turned three year old to hide her face from the new people in the room. She knew eventually she'd have to help Camila understand that there wasn't any need to hide or be scared, but for now, she'd let her be for the sake of keeping her calm.

"So, you wanna tell us how she...well...appeared again?" her mom asks, interrupting the green eyed girl from from her thoughts as she takes a sip of her coffee.

Lauren shifts uncomfortably at her words, and if possible, pulls her baby a little closer to her.

"Uhhh, I had a police officer come here about mid day yesterday" she murmurs, "some officers had found her wondering the streets right next to a busy road and they'd immediately taken her to hospital" she murmurs, swallowing heavily to keep her tears at bay.

She really didn't want to cry right now.

"How did they know she was yours?" This time, her dad speaks.

"Blood test" Lauren says simply, looking down at her baby in her arms. The tiny girl was still curled into her with her face hidden in her neck, but much to Lauren's relief, she was no longer trembling. She places a soft kiss onto the side of her head before bringing her attention back to her parents.

She sighs, "sorry if I'm being a bit...abrupt. It's just hard to talk about" She apologises.

Her mom and dad smile, "it's okay baby, completely understandable. Can we see her?" Her mom asks, gesturing to her baby in her arms.

Lauren smiles softly at her and pulls Camila's small frame away from her slightly.

"Hey baby bug, you wanna turn round and face grandma and grandpa? They want to see your pretty face" she asks hopefully, trailing her hand up and down the tiny girls back. She sighs when she's met with a quiet whine and a shake of the head, and she sends her parents an apologetic look, hoping they wouldn't take Camila's rejection personally.

Thankfully, they both seemed to understand.

This was all so new to her, so she wasn't going to push.

"So..." her mom says, trying to change the subject, "what's happening with the whole police situation?" She asks, setting her cup down onto the coffee table.

Lauren sighs, "officer Cyrus, the one who's dealing with with her case says that despite Camila's age, she still needs to be interviewed, but they're gonna wait till she's healed physically. As far as who took her goes, they have no leads, so for now, I guess this little ones there only hope"

"But they're still looking right?"

"Yeah, hence why I'm not really meant to leave the house unless its an emergency" Lauren replies, gently bouncing her baby in her arms.

Her mom nods, "what happened to her leg?" Her dad questions.

"The nurse said there was a small break to her ankle. Nobody knows how it happened" Lauren murmurs.

It was probably caused by the fucktards who took her, Lauren adds silently.

***

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Lauren soothes gently as she makes her way upstairs, her hand gently patting the girls butt. It was now a little after eight, and after eating dinner with her parents, they had gone back to their hotel for the night.

They were gonna stay the night in the spare room, but Lauren wanted to ease Camila into being around them first.

The tiny girl sits up in her arms with a small smile, "Ni." She says.

Returning the smile, Lauren presses a kiss onto her cheek, "they were nice huh?" She replies, walking into her room. She lays her baby down onto the end of her bed and grabs a clean diaper along with the baby wipes, before setting them onto the bed next to her tiny body.

"Now, lets get you all ready for bed and then you can nurse, okay?" She asks, picking up one of the many onesies she had for the girl. After picking up a pair of baggy sweatpants too, she sets it next to the diaper and wipes before quickly getting to work.

"These will have to do for now until mama can get you some other ones" she says quietly as she slides the pair of sweats up her hips

"These will have to do for now until mama can get you some other ones" she says quietly as she slides the pair of sweats up her hips. She was going to leave her in just the onesie, but the last time she did that, the girl had managed to get it undone and half way off her body without no help whatsoever, so for now, pants were a must, no matter how much the tiny girl disliked it.

Tugging off her jeans and slipping into a pair of shorts herself, Lauren lifts the girl up into her arms and sits at the top of the bed, holding Camila in a cradling position in her arms.

"Go on baby, you know what to do" she murmurs as she tugs up her shirt. Without hesitation, her baby latches on and closes her eyes in content, her tiny hand resting on her breast right next to her mouth as she suckles.

"That's a good girl" she coos.

Reaching for the book on her nightstand, she opens it up to the page she was on when she last had the chance to read, and after making sure Camila was content and comfortable, she allows herself to get lost in her book.

**

After about an hour, she feels Camila shift in her arms. She reluctantly sets her book down and brings her attention to her baby.

"You all done?" She asks, sliding an arm underneath her body to help her sit up. She notices small drops of milk on the girls chin, so she assumes her milk is actually starting to come in now which was a relief.

When she catches the girl glancing at the other breast, she smiles knowingly and shifts her so she was led the other way. She once again lifts up her shirt and allows her to latch on, a content smile on her face. Her baby was obviously hungry, so she wasn't going to stop her from filling her tummy up.

Her attention suddenly goes from her baby to the door when she hears a not so subtle bang come from downstairs, and suddenly, she was on edge all over again. Not knowing if she was just hearing things or not, she gets up with her baby in her arms and quickly walks to the door and locks it, her breathing now heavy.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, she allows the girl to continue nursing to keep her calm. She wasn't about to get her worked up when it may she may just be hearing things.

When she hears another bang, this one a lot louder than the last one, she quickly jumps up from her place on the bed and heads straight to her bathroom, grabbing her phone from her nightstand on the way.

"Fuck" she mumbles, this was bad, this was so bad.

Gently unlatching the tiny girl, Lauren's pulls her shirt back down and closes the bathroom door behind her, also locking it.

With teary eyes and trembling hands, Lauren dials 911, but before she could press call and actually bring the phone to her ear, she hears a loud bang on her bedroom door, signalling that whoever it was had managed to find them.

******

Uh Oh...

Stay strong guys, and thanks for reading ❤️