"Bryson, I don't know what you are feeling and I'm sorry but I just don't know if she is alive or not," Logan says, his eyes down, staring at the floor.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "Logan, I know that you are unsure. But please I'm asking you as your best friend and not your Alpha. Please believe me. I'm going to get Everett back."

"Okay," he takes a deep, shaky breath, closing his eyes before looking me in the eyes. "Okay."

A knock on the door, breaks our conversation.

"Alpha, Beta," a male warrior of the pack opens the door and bows his head before continuing to talk. "The survivors of the Silver Creek Pack have arrived."

"Alright thank you, Karl. Have them brought up and I will talk to the adults individually and the children together." I dismiss him. "Logan, I can handle this. You go relax for the rest of the day. I'll come see you, Emily, and Micheal tonight with my parents."

"Are you sure? I can stay if you need me." Logan says. He has bags under his eyes and I know that he hasn't slept.

"I'm sure. Go sleep. Let your parents know, I'll be over for dinner." I push him lightly towards the door.

He doesn't say a word and leaves the room with a grateful smile. Talking to the adults went by quickly. Sadly there were not many survivors, only a handful. They all agreed to join the pack, grateful to have a warm bed to sleep in after what they went through.

Karl comes in with two kids, a boy and a girl. He leans close and whispers, "These are the only kids that survived. The boy is the son of the Alpha of the Silver Creek Pack." Karl leaves, closing the door.

The young boy stands protectively in front of the girl, though tears are in both their eyes. They must be scared out of their minds. No wonder. They lost everyone. I kneel down in front of them both and the boy grabs her hand pulling her closer to him, while still standing in front of her.

"My name is Alpha Bryson. Is she your mate?" I ask the boy. He nods, with a small smile on his face. "I have a mate too. Do you want to see a picture of her?"

"Yes please," the girl says her eyes peeking over the boys shoulders. Her voice is hoarse, her eyes red from crying.

I grab the picture of Everett and I in the woods and show them. "This is my mate, Everett. She went missing years ago because of the same people that attacked your pack. I know how important mates are and I promise I won't let you two be separated. What are your names?"

"Justin," the boy says and pulls the girl so she stands beside him. She clutches his hand in hers and I see her arm is all stitched up. She must have been injured during the attack.

"My name's Alice," she whispers and pushes her black hair behind her ears. Justin's brown hair is full of dirt and so is Alice's. They must be tired and need to clean up.

"How old are you?" I ask them. They seem to be the same age and relatively young.

"We're seven." Justin answers. They are young. Almost around the age I lost Everett.

"Welcome to The Lupis Pack. I promise to protect you two. Nothing will happen to you here." I smile and open the door. "Why don't I show you around and then we can get you guys settled in?"

***

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Hello everyone, I have made a Twitter account and will be tweeting out along with posting on Wattpad when I plan to update. Sorry about this post being late but I just got home for winter break from university and have been busy because of school work I need to do to prepare for my second semester in university. Depending on you're guys' participation in voting, commenting, etc. I will possibly provide bonuses such as playlists, peeks into upcoming chapters, and possibly double updates.

As said before updates will be Friday through Sunday. I do not want to set a set date like every Friday because I know that my schedule may become too busy or hectic so having it span over three days allows me to update for you and keep some what of a schedule.

|WEEKLY GOALS AND QUESTIONS|

Reads Goal: 50 reads in total

Comment Goal: 5 comments

Vote goal: 5 votes

Questions: What is your favourite time of year?

What is your favourite colour?

When's your birthday?

Should I stop the weekly comment and vote goals?