Chapter One

Bedford, Michigan-
Erika POV: "Alright everyone, dinner is ready!" I yell as I set the last dish on the table. All nine of my siblings clamor into the kitchen; ready to devour the meat loaf and casserole my mom and I had prepared. "Erika, this is delicious!" says Katy with her mouth stuffed. I smile at my mom, pleased with the reaction we were getting to our food. "Okay guys, remember to share everything. You know there's not much to spare," my mom cautions. I could feel my smile falter. It hurt that despite working three jobs at once, I could barely afford to feed all my siblings. We couldn't afford much, but I tried my best to make ends meet. "Can we watch tv?" asks Ollie. I nod and go to turn it on, and the tv lights up. "Ladies and gentleman, listen up!" screams out some tv host. "This show is a one of a kind! Never before has something so grand and exciting been seen on television!" I roll my eyes. These tv people exaggerated everything. The announcer continued to shout. "America will be enthralled! We'll have everyone talking. In fact, I bet you're already dying to know what I'm talking about." He wasn't wrong. I was pretty curious. "Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for... The Bachelor! A dating show like you've never seen before. One guy. Twenty girls. What could possibly go wrong?" I laugh. I prayed for the poor girls who agreed to do these pathetic reality shows. "Who is this lucky bachelor you ask? He's got millions of followers, more money than imaginable and a smile that could melt any girl's heart. And he's here with us now! Everyone, please welcome Mr. Jake Paul!" A tall blonde guy walks into the screen. With just one glance I could already tell that he was a giant douchebag. He had this smug look on his face, the kind of look where you could just tell that he thought he was the shit. "Jake, good to have you here. How are you feeling?" Jake nervously smiles. "Honestly? I'm excited," he says. The host smiles. "And how are you feeling about the ladies?" Jake laughs. "Dating twenty girls at a time sounds very stressful. I mean, a dream come true, but still stressful." The host laughs. "Speaking of the girls, we have a big surprise for everyone watching at home. To any girl watching, just know that you could be selected to have a chance to win Jake's heart!"