"Get someone to take you."

"No one will and Max won't let me drive his car after I accidentally ran it into a streetlight, and Jace won't pick me up 'cause he's in a mood."

"Not my problem."

Val looks at me for help so I turn to Wes. "Just let him."

"No. Don't even try to convince me."

"Buy your own car," Marco says.

"Can't afford it. Wes, let me borrow it and I'll owe you big."

"Hmm."

He'll probably give in to that offer. Everyone wants Valentino Fuentes to owe them something. He could get them anything, whether it's the girl or boy they like or an A on an assignment.

"Fine," Wes takes out his keys and hands them to him. "If there's even a scratch on it-"

"There won't be – I'm a great driver now. Oh, and heads up. Alex knows you're here and knows you slept with Yasmin. He went upstairs 'cause he thought you were with Max, so he'll be here any minute." Val smiles and walks out. He wouldn't have told us that if Wes didn't give him his keys. This is why you've gotta have Val on your side.

"I can't do this," Marco complains, looking at his homework on the table.

"I'm out of here," Wes says as he walks to the door. "See you in your room later," he winks and my cheeks heat up.

Marco stares at me.

"You didn't hear anything."

He rolls his eyes. "Can you give me answers?"

"I can't remember anything from science. Val can help when he's home."

"No way, he makes me actually learn it."

After dinner, Diego helps me clean up in the kitchen while Val and Marco do Marco's homework. Alex comes in and looks through the fridge, having not spoke to me since yesterday before he found out about Wes, I can feel the tension.

"How's suspension going?" He asks, trying to make me feel ashamed.

"You should know."

He takes a can of pepsi out then closes the fridge door, then just stands there looking at me for a moment before going to the table and ruffling Marco's hair.

"What's the deal with you two?" Diego asks.

"I can't stand him anymore," I mumble and go back to drying a glass.

"Ah, the struggles of being a teenage girl when you can't get what you want."

"Shut the fuck up. All I want is to not have him looking over my shoulder every two seconds. Can you finish this? I'm goin' to check on Carlos." I don't wait for an answer and just leave, heading upstairs.

Carlos is in bed, coughing and sweating like he just ran two miles.

"How you feelin'?"

"Awesome." His voice is husky from his sore throat.

"You going to school tomorrow?"

"Probably not," he sighs, "Naomi's gonna kill me if I don't go."

"I think she'll survive one day without you."

He coughs and turns on his side, moaning like a baby.

"Look on the bright side, you get to spend all day tomorrow watching movies with me."

"Yay."

I slap the covers where his stomach is and he moans again. "That's a good thing, dick."