As I was rolling, I didn't pay attention to the ground and it's uneven level. Suddenly, the hay bale was stick at the bottom of a small mound, but yet a mound big enough that I was unable to move the bale up. I tried pushing it back to it's up right position to flip it the other way and continue rolling it, but it was no luck. It was easier to pull it down than it was to push it back up. I thought about hooking it to a rope and try pulling it, but I didn't want the plastic straps to snap and cause an even bigger problem. I heard another neigh from behind me and turned around to see Tucker, my Daddy's horses, swinging his head up and down, making noises at me. 

"I know, I know, you're hungry." I tell him as I approach him. I grabbed on to his bridle and pulled his head down so that way he was facing me. I stroked all around his head to calm him, when he suddenly started grunting. "What's going on with you, Tuck?" I ask. Just then, the sound of someone clearing their throat came from behind me. I turn around to see Chase standing there in a pair of worn out blue jeans, a plain black t-shirt with old leather boots and a Carolina Panthers hat on. It was a different look compared to his Marine camies, but it was definitely not a bad look at all.  

"Good afternoon, Hayden." He says. I look at him, wondering why he was over here. 

"Same to you, Chase." I respond. Tucker rested his big head on my left shoulder, telling me he wanted more attention. I start scratching him with left hand, but not taking my eyes off of Chase. "What can I do for you?" I ask him.

"Actually, I was just wondering what you were up to? I saw out from the window in the house and it looked like you were having some trouble." he informs me. Great. So he saw my failed attempt to get the bale in the pasture. "I was gonna ask you if you needed some help." he finishes. Tucker starts nudging his head against mine, so I pat his snout and he leaves me alone, returning to the pasture. 

I shoved my hands in my back pockets, looking at the ground. I couldn't help but think about my random outburst to him about his father, and started to feel a little embarrassed about it. I was surprised he was even still talking to me. I wanted to tell him I was fine, but I really did need to get that bale in the pasture. "Well, uh, I'm not really one to ask or accept a strangers help with farm work. But, uh, I really do need to get this bale in the horse pasture, and it stuck on this mound. I can't push it up by myself or push it back up to flip it, so, uh, yeah. I guess I could use some help." I said awkwardly. He smiles and walks towards the bale. Before I even got behind the bale, Chase starts trying to move it by himself. However, his luck was just as bad as mine. I chuckled and shook my head as watched his heroic attempt to move the hay off the mound. 

"Damn, this hale bale is heavy." I says as he take a deep breath. He starts itching at his palms and I quickly grab another set of gloves from the barn. 

"Hey, Marine." I say. He looks back at me as I toss him the pair of thick, mud stained gloves. "Put these on if you don't want to get hay rash or cuts." I tell him. Chase slips on the gloves and moves to the side to make room for me. "Alright, on the count of three, we're going try and push this thing over the mound, and we'll figure it out from there, alright?" Chase nods in response and we get into position with ours arms extended to the bale and one leg behind the other. "One. . .two. . .three!" I count.

We both push the hale bale with all our strength and the bale starts to rise over the mound. Once I was sure we were over the mound, I stepped back from the bale. 

"You know, I didn't think hale bales got that heavy. That was like P.T. for the Marines." I gave him a weird look. 

"What are you talking about? That hale bale ain't that heavy." I say. "It's only about. . .one hundred forty, maybe one hundred fifty pounds," I tried to guess the weight of one bale. "And I pushed it all the way over here from that barn over there by myself." Chase pauses for a moment, takes a step back and looks over towards the barn that was about fifteen yards away, then back at me and the hay bale.