Teleporters

A short chapter but with a lot of information.

Jungkook's P.O.V

For some reason waking up didn't feel the same as usual. The space next to me felt cold and a sudden part of me felt missing. The air smelt of nothing, as if it was missing a particular scent and the silence in the bedroom was too eerie for my liking.

It was as if a sudden brick fell onto my chest and I gasped for air. The palm of my hand flew to my heart as if it was in need of patching up. Something was wrong. I didn't know what but my foggy mind was desperately in search of the wanted thing.

A sudden image of a laughing boy formed in my mind. A small boy guiding me around in his rose garden. A boy with a mark on his shoulder that was mine. A boy that clasped the car seat in his hands as he heard an engine for the first.

My eyes flew open and I dropped the hand from the chest.

"Taehyung!"

The door slammed open but much to my dismay it wasn't the boy I had hoped to see. Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi and Namjoon ran inside, the last one looking a bit frantic.

"Jungkook!", Jimin yelled relieved, immediately running up to me and throwing his arms around me to pull me into a hug. I noticed Yoongi and Hoseok's eyes following that movement with furrowed eyebrows.

"Are you alright?", the beta asked, hugging me tightly, "You suddenly collapsed with no reason and we couldn't find Taehyung anywhere".

The memories of yesterday came flooding back in and I pushed the boy off me, "Taehyung! He was taken!"

I noticed Namjoon biting his lip, staring nervously at the wall.

"Namjoon?", I asked and his eyes flitted to me, "You look worried. Do you know something?"

He sighed and glanced at the other boys present in the room.

"I got a warning that someone used the teleporter twice yesterday without permission. And um- the first one was a travel between the past and us", he told us.

"That means someone came back from the past?", Hoseok asked, "Like I did?"

"Indeed, and the year they came from was 1817", Namjoon nodded.

"That's Taehyung's timeline", I gasped, "Did they use the black hole I created to come here?"

"I don't think so", Namjoon said, "It was as if someone used a portable teleporter".

Jimin frowned at this, "But haven't those been destroyed a long time ago since they were too dangerous and could be stolen and used to mess with the past?"

"Indeed, but when they planned on destroying them all, one vanished. I think that the person who came from the past still has this one".

"But why did they use your teleporter, if they have one of their own?", Yoongi asked confused.

"When they use their teleporter to our time line, they automatically end up in a teleport spot close to where they want to be. The second time they used the teleporter in my lab instead of their own was because they were carrying another person with them".

"Taehyung?", I blurted out and glanced at Namjoon who nodded.

"But why would they want Taehyung?"

"That's for us to find out".