Butterfly effect

"Taehyung".

Said boy looked up from the book he was reading to see Jungkook standing in the doorway, shirtless. He arched an eyebrow at him though he denied the blush working its way onto his cheeks. Jungkook was quite built for his young age, lines on his stomach indicating the presence of a sixpack. Taehyung averted his gaze back to his book and hummed to show he was listening.

"I think it's time", Jungkook stated vaguely. The youngest immediately looked back at his mate.

"Pancake time?", Taehyung asked with excitement glistening in his eyes.

Jungkook walked inside while chuckling, ruffling the younger's hair once he sat down beside him.

"No, but we could always ask Jin to make those when we get back", the alpha patted the brunette's thigh ,"I meant it's time for you to start training".

Taehyung's expression contorted into a confused one, "Training? But omegas don't fight, right? We're too 'weak' to do so".

"I meant training as in me teaching you how to shapeshift into a werewolf. I could teach you some basic defense moves but I dislike the thought of you getting into a fight and ending up getting hurt", Jungkook frowned.

The brunette jumped up from the bed and flapped his hands around.

"I can change into a wolfy? For real?", he asked, getting excited.

"Yeah, every werewolf can", Jungkook nodded, a smile gracing his lips at seeing the happy state his mate was in.

"Then get off your butt and teach me how!", Taehyung grinned, grabbing Jungkook's hand to haul him off the bed.

~

"You never told me it would hurt", the brunette pouted, pulling off his shirt in case it'd get ripped.

Jungkook arched an eyebrow at his now half naked mate, "Of course it hurts. Your bones change shape and your skin changes".

"Now I'm scared", Taehyung crossed his arms over his bare chest, hearing the cool wind rustle through the trees.

"Don't be. The pain lessens with every change. This one may be the most painful one but it will get better, trust me",

"I trust you alright, I don't trust myself that is", Taehyung frowned, looking at his fragile frame. How was he ever going to survive this change?

Jungkook grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers.

"It'll be alright".

~

Jungkook's wolf form huffed, sprinting after his mate's wolf who had run off immediately after changing form to chase a butterfly. Taehyung's wolf was a sort of mixture between ginger and brown, with some white specks thrown into the mix. If Jungkook was honest, he found it really adorable.

Can you stop running after that goddamn insect for a second?

Taehyung shrieked at the sudden voice resonating inside his head and tripped because of this over a branch. He tumbled off the hill into a pile of leaves. Jungkook's wolf would have rolled its eyes if it could and ran to the whimpering wolf.

That hurt

Jungkook was surprised Taehyung was already able to communicate with him, maybe not realizing he had said those words to Jungkook through a mind link.

The black wolf licked Taehyung's snout who cringed at the feeling, pulling his nose away. He huffed at the bigger wolf in front of him whose eyes were glowing a soft red. He felt oddly scared of the older so he averted his gaze to the ground, lowering his head in the progress. Jungkook didn't seem to notice since he nuzzled his snout into the brown/ginger fur of his mate. The scent and aura got more intoxicating when they turned into wolves. Taehyung didn't feel it as much since he wasn't familiar with the feeling of need and lust.

The alpha was tempted to just mark Taehyung now but was luckily able to restrain himself. He didn't want to scare the younger away by doing something so grave. The omega felt raindrops falling from the sky. One dripped off his snout onto the crunchy leaves beneath him. He felt excited and dashed away again, reveling in the feeling of wind rustling through his fur while the rain soaked his figure.

Jungkook grunted and trailed behind his mate who had dashed off once again. He noticed Taehyung went the right way to the pack house and padded behind him, knowing they'd end up at their home again. Taehyung didn't seem to realize though, because before he knew it he bumped into someone, his head hitting someone's crotch.

"Oh fuck", the said male cupped his manly part and groaned out in pain. His eyes were glowing red from the pain and anger. This scared Taehyung who dashed back into the woods, meeting Jungkook halfway by running into him, quite literally.

What's wrong now?

Taehyung looked behind him to see if the guy was following him which wasn't the case. His wolf sighed relieved.

I hope his penis is okay

Jungkook was now sure Taehyung wasn't aware of his thoughts traveling to him by the mind link. He was also very confused why his mate was saying this. He was about to ask Taehyung when suddenly a guy emerged from behind the trees.

"Hey you!", the guy pointed at Taehyung who now hid behind Jungkook like a coward. Jungkook felt the fear emitting from his mate and decided to growl at the stranger with green mint hair.

"What are you growling at me for? He was the one who ran into me and my crotch!", he stated, glaring at the brown wolf.

Jungkook glanced between the stranger and his mate, connecting the dots before shifting back to a human. He was naked yes, but this was also the place they hid their clothes so he was quick to grab his boxers and put them on. The stranger was still glaring at Taehyung, ignoring the half-naked Jungkook putting on his jeans.

"Look, I can explain", Jungkook sighed, "This is my mate's first ever shape shifting lesson. Since he wasn't paying attention he ran into you, and accidently your dick. He wouldn't do it on purpose I swear. He's as innocent as a butterfly".

The stranger glanced between Jungkook and the scared Taehyung who cowered under the stern gaze.

"Fine, but let's not make it happen again. I very much like to keep my dick nice and healthy", the guy said, turning around and walking back to the pack house.

"Wait- who are you exactly?"

The guy turned around, his green hair ruffling in the wind, "Min Yoongi".