Sleepy & sick

Lol I've been having a cold all week so this chapter is based on my experience of feeling like absolute crap 💩

Taehyung coughed softly, whining at the way it hurt his throat immensely. He was wrapped inside fluffy blankets which made him feel highly uncomfortable as he was suffocating in warmth. He felt himself sweating and started kicking the covers off himself. Once the cold morning air hit his skin he whimpered and dove back underneath the covers now he was shivering instead. He pressed his face into his pillow, hearing his ears ring violently, a sharp pain forming in his head & ears.

He didn't hear Jungkook coming into the bedroom, the alpha's face contorted into frustration because of the drama happening downstairs. He never went to sleep, the opposite of Taehyung who fell asleep as soon as he shifted to a human again. Jungkook had wanted to follow his mate and go to bed but he was stopped by his best friend Jimin who hid behind him, cursing about Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi had come for his mate all the way from America, only to find out his mate wasn't interested in him anymore, rather in some bubbly human who was scared of everything and anything. Easy to say: the American alpha wasn't so pleased with it.

So Jungkook stayed up all night to stand between Yoongi and Jimin and hear them yell at each other.

He was exhausted, pissed off & craving to spend some time with his Taehyung. His face lit up as soon as he saw the messy bed hair of his mate but it soon fell as he heard the whimpers coming from the younger.

"Taehyung?", he asked, crawling into the bed and to the brunette's side.

Taehyung turned around and shuffled away, afraid Jungkook would get too close and get sick too.

"I-I'm sick", the omega pouted, his damp hair sticking to his forehead from sweating so much. Jungkook's face contorted into sympathy as he cooed at his cute mate in front of him. He stuck out his hand and laid it on Taehyung's forehead, measuring his temperature. His forehead was burning so he quickly came to the conclusion his mate was having a fever.

"You have a fever", Jungkook stated, retracting his hand again. Taehyung's eyes widened.

"F-Fever? Does th-this mean I'll d-die?", he asked scared, big eyes glazing over with tears.

"What? No!", Jungkook quickly wiped the tears away and smiled at him, "People don't die from fevers (mostly). I'll get you some meds and you'll have to stay in bed for now".

Taehyung nodded and pressed himself against his pillow, feeling his headache worsen.

"I'll go fetch some now", Jungkook said, noticing his mate's discomfort. He quickly pecked Taehyung's forehead and walked downstairs where Yoongi was sitting on one of the couches.

"You're still here?", Jungkook asked, going over to the kitchen cabinet that contained medicines. The pack house was silent since it was only 6 in the morning. Every wolf in their right mind was sleeping right now. Jimin probably went to his room and shut the other out.

The older alpha scoffed, "Of course I'm still here. My stupid mate is trying to reject me. I can't let that happen".

"He's not stupid", Jungkook frowned, grabbing some pills and bottles, "He's just hurt".

"And you think I'm not?", Yoongi glared at the younger who was planning on going back upstairs.

"Well it took you years to finally come for him", the younger commented, "He figured you didn't want him".

"He didn't come for me either", Yoongi scoffed, "I could've thought the same".

"We all know you're a famous rapper with enough money while our pack isn't that rich to go have Jimin fly over to America", Jungkook retorted, feeling protective over his best friend.

Yoongi blinked a few times, "You knew that about me?"

The younger alpha chuckled dryly, "When he first got to know about you he didn't stop watching your music videos and live performances. I don't think I've ever seen him so obsessed over anyone. He kept telling me how lucky he was to have such a talented mate and couldn't wait until you would come for him. I saw that fondness for you slowly slipping away through the years until he stopped mentioning you completely, like he never had gotten to know of his mate".

With this said the younger finally went upstairs, leaving the older alpha in silence and with those words on repeat.

Taehyung sniffled, hating how his nose was blocking oxygen and scents from coming in. He didn't sense Jungkook coming in and whined when he finally heard the male sitting down beside him.

"What's wrong?", Jungkook asked, seeing his mate's depressed mood.

"I can't catch your scent because of my stuffed nose", Taehyung pouted, "I miss it".

Jungkook cooed at this and hugged him close, "You're so adorable. But I'm happy you can't smell me, I still stink from yesterday's shapeshifting and chasing you through the woods. ".

Taehyung pouted even more at that, knowing he was sweating a lot meaning he himself was smelly too.

"In case you're wondering, your sweat makes your original scent triple which is great and all that but the room is now fogged up with your scent which makes it hard for me to concentrate", Jungkook stated, hiding the fact it also made his wolf howl with lust. He needed to contain himself.

"I'm sorry", Taehyung mumbled.

"It's not like you can help it that you're sick", Jungkook chuckled, setting down the medicine he got, "Let me take care of you now".

Taehyung nodded, taking all sorts of syrups and pills in order to ease his pain and sickness.

When Jungkook walked downstairs again to put the medicines away, Taehyung felt himself growing drowsy. His eyes fluttered closed as his lips parted, letting fresh oxygen come in.

He didn't sense the alpha stepping inside the room though who smelt the incredible sweet scent of an unmarked omega.