Good to be Together

" We are leaving, Natsume. "

All the ears in the room hope they hear it wrong. However, just as shocked as Natsume, the white beast repeat his words again, not wavered in his gaze to Natsume even the slightest.

" We are going to leave out from this mess. "

Natsume finally back to his self again-- or at least he's able to let out his voice back.

" W-what are you saying, Sensei? After all of this? I-I refuse to go back now! "
Natsume stuttered, clenching his fist.

Just like everyone who sends aggravation towards Madara's statement, Rikuo blurted out his mind.
" Woah woah, hang on there, kitty. You don't just run to your nest without helping us out through this, alright? "

" Or else what? You're going to try to stop me? Adding your problems needlessly right now? "
Sensei still answered calmly but with more arrogance in his tone.

" No! Sensei, what are you saying?! Rikuo, it's fine, I'll help you! "

" What can you do, Natsume? You do not possesed any knowledge about breaking a curse with an onmyouji method. Do not get yourself killed foolishly. "

" Foolishly? I'm trying to save my friend's family member right now, while you, Sensei, Nurarihyon-san's old friend, not going to do anything? Who's the foolish one here, Sensei? "
Natsume glared back at him, showing his resolve to him boldly.

[ PLEASE PLAY TO THE VIDEO ]

Riou has never been so amazed by a man before. He knows that humans have a good heart, but there are also bad ones. However, he still likes humans because of their sincerity and courage. What he sees right now, is a form of sincerity and courage of a young man who simply wants to help his friend.

Although he truly grateful for his dear friend's sincerity, what Madara said is right. As a mere human child, Natsume is too greatly in dangerous situation right now. If not because of his strong spiritual power, maybe he will get cursed already.

" Nyanko-sensei is right, Natsume. "
Finally Riou stepped in to the conversation. Though many of the spectator doesn't agree with him. Including Rikuo and Natsume himself.

Looks like Madara understand Riou's good intention, he just stare at him calmly.

" Riou?! But, why? I-i can hel--"

" No, it's too dangerous for a human child like you. I'm truly fascinated and grateful to your aid, but I've promised you before right? I don't want to see human get hurt because of us again. "
Though the honesty in his words couldn't be any true than this, it's still hurt part of Natsume's feeling.

Natsume looked down in anguish. His eyes only filled with grim and agony. He always wanted to help the people around him and not to make them worried. But what's he doing now, is the total opposite of what he wanted.

" If... if only I'm not so useless... If only I have a way to help them... "
He thought in grimace.

As if Madara can listen to Natsume's heart scream, he bend down his head to his level and say,
" Don't be so depressed about it. That's just the border between a human,youkai, and devine spirit."

Never once had Natsume felt any ill-intention behind Sensei's words. Even when he can act so annoying sometimes, being selfish, troublesome, bothering everyone, Sensei's words are always true and he too, never judge any Natsume's inferiority feeling. He just there, listened to him, stay with him, always saving him, and by his side whenever Natsume needs him.