[6] With precious people

On their walk, Natsume and Rikuo talked about their school, friends, and the places in their town. While at their back, the three bodyguards of Rikuo follow them quietly. Usually, the three of them will stay beside their leader no matter what, walking side by side as bodyguards and friends. But today is special because they can see the excitement in Rikuo's eyes for having a new friend coming over. It's different with Nyanko-sensei; he sits on Natsume's shoulder like usual, although his fur makes Natsume hot and uncomfortable.

"Sensei, please walk on your own, would you? Your body fat makes my nape feel hot. "
Grumbled Natsume while walking with the group.

"What?! This is not my fat! It's my fur, Natsume. My fur! "
Instead, Nyanko-sensei kept poking at Natsume's tired face.

"And as if I would walk on those hot, unfriendly asphalt. Do you wanna make my cute little paw get burnt? "

"Cute little paw? Sigh... Alright then, but let me carry you instead of having you hovering over my nape. "

Natsume then takes Nyanko-sensei from his shoulder and carries him in his arms. This way, Natsume feels so much better than before. The swift breeze finally touched his nape.

Rikuo had never seen such a grumpy but funny master-servant relationship between a human and a Youkai. But again, Natsume had said before that Nyanko-sensei isn't bound by any contract. It's a promise. Perhaps that's why Nyanko-sensei can act so brazen towards Natsume. The same thing could also be said of Natsume.

"Fuahaha, Nyanko-san must be really treasure your vessel. "

"Hmph! That goes without saying. I'm majestic in all forms. "
Nyanko-sensei is the arrogant cat he is.

"Haha, I couldn't forget your actual appearance, Nyanko-san. You looked incredible, and is that a holy mark on your forehead? The Spiritual Light Ray that scares many Youkai, even from my clan. "
Rikuo smiled excitedly at the fat cat. The young lad is interested in knowing a Youkai with the same properties as his Nenekirimaru sword, which is meant to harm other Youkai.

"Ho? You're more intelligent and know how to mind your manner in front of your elders, huh? Unlike your father nor that dumb Nurarihyon. And yes, it's a holy mark on my forehead. That's why I'm not just your usual scary Youkai, alright? Hehehe. I'm veeery strong~. "
The moment Nyanko-sensei said that nonchalantly, everyone at the back--Kurotabo, Aotabo, and Tsurara-- burst into anger immediately.

"You dare to call our Supreme Commander dumb?! You pig-racoon! "
Hissed the yuki-onna, accidentally sending a chill down Natsume and Rikuo's spine.

"And not just that, that ugly cat dared to mention Rihan-sama as impolite as well? "
While Kurotabo had already prepared his spear under his sleeve. Out of the three, he was the closest to Rihan before he became Rikuo's bodyguard and one of his closest friends.

"N-Nyanko-sensei! Sheesh, please stop triggering everyone! Why do you always make enemies left and right? "
Natsume immediately moved his cat to the back and bowed slightly for forgiveness.

"I-I'm sorry, please forgive Sensei. I think he just got a heatstroke."
Excuse Natsume desperately and half-jokingly.

When Natsume bowed, his action surprised the other three bodyguards slightly. Although Natsume is weak in their eyes, he has courage and politeness towards everyone. Eventually, they forgave them and went back to their normal, civilized behaviour.

"It's alright, Natsume-san. My friends are at fault too, for they couldn't hold their temper well. "
Rikuo held his laughter behind the back of his palm. It's great teasing his Youkai friends like this once in a while.