[10] Is a strong kindness

Splash.

" Hah... A hot bath after that training is really the best... "

" Agre. I feel like my life span is increasing by a few years, Rikuo. "

" Sheesh, that's seriously not funny, Zen. "

" Yes, yes~ Don't worry, we made a vow, right? That day. "

" Yeah... and that's why you have to keep your vow. "
Rikuo once again furrowed his eyebrows as he glared at Zen.

Sitting right before Rikuo in the same bathtub, his laugh resounding around the bathroom that filled with warm steam.

" Hahaha! I said don't worry, alright? I'll always be by your side, Third Head. I mean, I'll try my best. "
He smirked confidently at the last word.

" Heh, thanks. "
Rikuo replied.

" By the way, how's that guy and the fat raccoon? "

" Huh? Who's that? "

" You know, the intruders suddenly invaded the main house days ago. "

After a confused moment for a second back there, Rikuo's mind finally understood what Zen said about the fat raccoon. Because there's only one fat animal that probably the most matching with what Zen meant.

" Hahaha, oh, I see what you mean. But that's not a raccoon; it was a cat. Ah, but actually, Sensei is not entirely a cat as well. He's a Youkai with a maneki-neko vessel. [1]"

" Huh? Seriously? I have never seen a real cat that ugly. Oh well, whatever it is that. Who are they exactly? I didn't get to attend the gatherings when those guys coming over. "

Zen was a little bit irked by their entrance the other day. Not only did they destroy half of the meeting room, but they didn't show any respect whatsoever to the elder youkai.

It's not like he cares about it so much, but Zen is pretty uptight about his friend's position as the Third Head of this clan. Although not as much as Gyuuki.

" His name is Natsume Takashi. He's fully a human who's 2 years older than me, by the way. No need to feel so hostile with him, he's really kind and polite. He said that he was very sorry for the accident. A Youkai who meant to help him sent him here out of the blue.
Explained Rikuo with a faint smile as he remembered his times with him.

It's so strange not only because Natsume knows his real identity for the first time outside his closest school friends but also because Natsume and Rikuo are somewhat in a similar predicament. However, they're separated with a 2-year gap between them. Rikuo feels that he still can talk comfortably with him.

On the other side, looking at his sworn brother smiling like that while talking about the intruders gradually put him into relief that he now knows Natsume is not an enemy.

But the part that Natsume, being a fully human and a strange Youkai, want to help him, sending them in the middle of a meeting between Youkai, Zen can't think of any good reason why it turned out that way.

" He's fully a human? Then why did he get sent into a Youkai lair like ours? Not to mention right in the middle of our meeting. "
He snickered mockingly. Of course, it's not like the Youkai in the Nura clan eat humans... anymore.

" Ohh, well, I heard the Youkai wanted to help Natsume to find the owners of the names in the Book of Friends which he possessed. "

" Book... Of what? Friends? What's that? "

" You never hear any of that, Zen? "

" Nope, I'm too cooped up in my research probably to actually care. Unless it has some sort of medicinal benefit to it. "